M14 Forum banner

Vintage Sierra

989 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  bustabuddy
Cleaning up the bullet stash and doing some loading. Forgot I had some of this… almost feel guilty using the Sierra’s… Santa Fe Springs Ca? Really? That’s like 30 minutes from me, 2 hours with traffic.
I’m pretty sure I have a bunch of 168 CC’s but haven’t found them yet LOL

Green Rectangle Font Art Food
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,767 Posts
Santa Fe Springs Ca? Really?
Ya, you've had them for quite a while. I grew up in Downey, city next door. El Monte (nearby) had Santa Fe arms and Pachmeyer trap/skeet. Weatherby was in South Gate, just across the LA River. Funny how there were a lot of firearms-related businesses all around each other.

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, you've had them for quite a while. I grew up in Downey, city next door. El Monte (nearby) had Santa Fe arms and Pachmeyer trap/skeet. Weatherby was in South Gate, just across the LA River. Funny how there were a lot of firearms-related businesses all around each other.
My mom went to Downey High LOL… used to fish at Wilderness park as a kid. The bullets were NOS when they came to me. Some came from Jack Engle when he passed… any hot rodders here?

· Registered
263 Posts
They will still shoot!

I just finally used up (loaded up the last about 130 bullets) of my 6.5mm 140gr soft point boat tail gameking bullets last year. I bought a pack of 500 of those back around 1984. Same style boxes as the OP‘s 168’s.

Those 6.5’s out of my 260 hunting rifle I was using them in…still shot .6moa.

Yea you might hate to use them…but the prices and availability of everything….shoot’em! Nice finding a stash you didn’t think you had.

Later, Frank

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, I’ll use them. Sent an email to Sierra to see if they wanted them back for a display or something. Haven’t heard back. I need to load carbine ammo for my kid, they are on the short list. Have them, some cast and a couple boxes of 1/2 jackets that came from somewhere.

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sierra’s reply and history:

I will admit it would be tempting to put them in our display case but the only one we have out in our lobby is already full. I can give a little history though, if you decide to sell them through one of the websites like GunBroker or keep them for conversation sake. Back in 1951, we moved from Rivera to Whittier, and moved again to Santa Fe Springs in 1963. We were there up until we moved to Sedalia, MO in 1991 and have been here ever since.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts