M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Griping about the "new and improved" site format...............AGAIN!!!!!!! I don't know about you tech types, but when I want to watch a movie(or read a thread), I DON'T start at the end!

Redraider

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
So then click on the beginning?

I'm not a huge tech guy either. I've gotten used to the new formats from other sites.

Good to note all the gents here not liking the change. To me it means my fellow members here are conservative.

A very good thing.

Carry on with the griping......

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great addition 96coal..................... you obviously missed the point of the feedback!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything "new" about this format puts us( the users) in the agravating position of having to do more "work" to get to the same point vs the old and GREAT format. This takes more time, to me, wasted time to see what used to be readily available. "Click on the beginning"..........really?

Redraider

·
Registered
697 Posts
Is there a setting to get to the beginning of a thread? If I select the thread title it takes me to the latest post, same as selecting X time ago by so and so. Not a big deal if it's got a few replies but a bear if it's old and pages long.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Great addition 96coal..................... you obviously missed the point of the feedback!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything "new" about this format puts us( the users) in the agravating position of having to do more "work" to get to the same point vs the old and GREAT format. This takes more time, to me, wasted time to see what used to be readily available. "Click on the beginning"..........really?

Redraider
Is there a setting to get to the beginning of a thread? If I select the thread title it takes me to the latest post, same as selecting X time ago by so and so. Not a big deal if it's got a few replies but a bear if it's old and pages long.
@Redraider I was being a bit of a wise donkey. I see what you mean now with the addition of @sbird 's post.
When clicking on the thread title it brings you to the first post, or the beginning of the thread. If one has already read that thread and the title has been clicked on again it will bring you to the last unread post, or the end of the thread if there are no new posts.

I apologize if you feel I was attacking your intelligence. None be the case.

One feature I like is the ability to mention someone specifically by using the "@" key followed by the user name.
I did this a couple of years ago with the old format. It kinda worked and didn't work for mentioning other members.
@tonyben may recall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts