M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Veterans & Patriots

Now, here we stand, just and upright Americans, looking into a brighter future because patriotic individuals all across this country got involved in the democratic process of expressing their opinions and voting. I am truly thankful for this opportunity for our nation's leaders to reinvigorate a more pragmatic and fiscally disciplined approach to our national affairs.

In 1982 the SUBCOMMITTEE on the Constitution drafted a 175 page report on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. It took another 30 years for those rights to be recognized by the Supreme Court. I encourage all of you to find and read this report in its entirety. The conclusions reached in this document 34 years ago express a true understanding of what it means to be Americans with respect to our 2nd Amendment rights.

This right is a buttress to personal security, personal liberty and private property.

Often, it feels with progress, we throw out the baby with the bath water, and one of the principles I was taught from my elders when young was to hold on to the things that our pioneers, settlers, Soldiers and patriots fought so hard over so many generations to achieve.

I do not see that sense of appreciation in the words and behaviors of many Americans, and it concerns me that those sacrifices made by our Veterans over many conflicts during our country's history are often forgotten. Many of us here are veterans and Soldiers, but we should still seek out our veterans in our communities and do more than thank them with words. Learn from them, talk shop with them and pass the wisdom.

Happy Veterans Day

I'm doing something I have never done.

All in-stock WOLFE barrels will be sold for $xxx Now through Sunday 13 November 16. Sorry no back-orders.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Well said Jon!!!!!
Thank you for what you do for our Country and our Gun Community!!!!!

I stand and Salute all our Veterans of this great country!!!

Carry On!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts