M14 Forum banner

very excited about my first build

1006 Views 8 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Dredsen
Well I got a few of my high dollar parts in.

I havnt chosen a lower yet (may just pick one up in town)
But i just placed an order for a white oak armament 18inch SPR stainless steel barrel, i'll throw a phantom flash hider on that bad boy and seat it in this furniture.

I ordered WOAs BCG and a4 upper with the m4 feed ramps, i will duracoat my receivers in magpul FDE to match everything up. I think it will be a good looking SPR.

I went with the TRX standard battlerail to keep the general SPResque look.

thanks to everyone for their suggestions. now just gotta wait 8 weeks on that barrel.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well really coming together now, just have to wait 8 weeks for the next step though :(

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Just finished mine a few days ago and it's ready to shoot. After a year of tearing my hair out over options on this, or that I finally just got all my parts at once and I'm happy with it. Just waiting on optics and flashlight for it to be 'done'.

Taking her out tomorrow to kill some steel.

And have you thought about just sending it off to get a nice duracoat/cerakote camo job?

13,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am actually liken the two tone thing right now i may just leave the receivers black and the rest FDE. Someday i may have the whole thing cerakoted if i can afford it. this build is breaking the bank for now.

13,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I almost picked up one of those very Aimpoints today. How do you like it?
The Aimpoint compMl2 Is the finest battle sight i have ever used.

However the key word there is battle sight, this sight is for killing varmints be they 2 or 4 legged.

The 2 moa sight would serve much better for target shooting, however i got mine used and settled for the 4 moa dot.

I own two eotechs but i always mount my Aimpoint.

One thing made me buy the aim point... battery life. it cannot be beaten in that sense. I have 4 batteries and they will last me longer than I can fathom.

By the time these batteries don't work i will likely own a self zeroing red dot. (self zeroing optics are coming believe me!)

You also can't beat the riotstat activation system. (the knob) Its SOOO much better than the eotech. I just wheel the knob all the way to the right (mine has the night vision settings then 3 clicks back the other way and I'm good to go.

You can also just leave the sight on if your on a deployment.

· Registered
270 Posts
First build

:ARM37:That does look good two tone. I have been thinking about getting more in to ARs and building one myself. From what I have read about it it is fairly easy. Seems like the hardest part is deciding what to build, there are so many options. I told my son his inheritance might be a bunch of ARs and a pile of parts. He is OK with that!! I also just printed the order form for CMP. GI1

13,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:ARM37:That does look good two tone. GI1
Ya i agree, just picture a black upper and a 18inch stainless steel barrel and thats what it will look like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.