M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given the chance to get this very early USGI partial parts kit today from a guy local to me. Here's the breakdown:

Barrel - USGI SA 11/59 (w/ receiver ring still attached from de-mill)
Gas cylinder - early, no lip
Op rod - WRA
Bolt - USGI SA
Housing - WRA
Hammer - WRA
Safety - K8 (KMT)
Guard - KMT
Buttplate - KMT
Stock - early SA

The kit's missing some parts (i.e., rear sight, op rod spring guide, springs and bolt stop, etc.....), but for the price I couldn't go wrong and I have no complaints.

I absolutely LOVE parts that have the original finish and worn look.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with it, yet, but it'll be sitting here for the future.

Photos:

SGRIN

·
Premium Member
7,950 Posts
Brain,

I know there is no way to tell if the KMT parts on the WRA trigger group is original to that group but there seems to be a direct link between WRA trigger groups and KMT as there supplier. I have purchased several used WRA trigger groups built with the KMT guard and Safety. This just reafirms to me that WRA used KMT as their parts supplier.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brian,

I know there is no way to tell if the KMT parts on the WRA trigger group is original to that group but there seems to be a direct link between WRA trigger groups and KMT as there supplier. I have purchased several used WRA trigger groups built with the KMT guard and Safety. This just reafirms to me that WRA used KMT as their parts supplier.
Ren,
I have no doubt that this firing mech is original. The wear all matches perfectly and I, too, have received a lot of information from sources outside this site that KMT was a primary sub-contractor for WRA. This kit is as original as one could ever hope for in reality, and I only wish I had the rest of it. It's a perfect blend of SA and WRA just like I've always been told was the case when WRA was getting started.
Thanks,
---Brian

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Brain,

I've had a few WRA stocks with KMT buttplate as well , nice parts JD

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Nice find. A gun like that deserves a stock that has a well used look with a few dents and dings and a finish to match. I bet ironworker could hook you up with just the right WRA stock. GI2

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice find. A gun like that deserves a stock that has a well used look with a few dents and dings and a finish to match. I bet ironworker could hook you up with just the right WRA stock. GI2
Thanks!
It actually came with a stock, which appears to be an SA. It sure matches the rest of the parts condition-wise, and has a hang tag indicating it's from an early WRA rifle. Very unique indeed.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Get Thee Behind Me, Satan, With Your Perfidious Temptation !!!!!!

On second thought, screw it.

How Much ?

Must-----Have----Old----School----Paarrrrts..........

M1A / M14 Zombie, brought back to life.

You ressel fessing ding dong Jersey Devil worshipper, you.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.