M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found a decent vented handguard that I want to install on my M1A. The underside has remnants of the silver paint and I want to re-apply it. What type of paint is used? Does it offer some insulation or reflective properties? Every fiberglass handguard I've seen has it. Is it just some high temp paint? Thanks!

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
High temp paint will do just fine.GI2

The problem that I see that you might have is that over spray will get through the slots and get on the interior edges of the holes.masking them will help, but you might want to try putting either a little grease or patroleum jelly on those edges with a q-tip prior to painting. It can easily be cleaned up after the paint drys.

That is if you are fussy like meGI2

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in touch with my inner picasso

I am a little fussy and I want it to look nice so If I use spray paint, I will try to grease or mask the edges of the holes. I might also try to find some high temp paint that I can brush on to keep it clean. I just wanted to make sure I use the correct paint. Thanks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
handguard

i once painted a barn roof with a silver paint that looked like it. But i don't know if its heat paint

1 - 4 of 4 Posts