M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You would think that after all of the negative press that the VA has gotten that they would be trying to clean their act up, but you would be mistaken.
Almost two months ago, I saw my primary Dr. at the Waco VA. He scheduled me for the ole butt camera procedure at the Temple VA for this Monday.
Today I received a notice that it was a consult only to find out if I needed the procedure.
Needed? They removed poll-ops just two years ago. I have a family history of prostate cancer and they want me to be consulted and maybe a procedure in another two to three months out.
There can't be that many of these procedures taking place to have to wait almost five to six months.
Little does the public realize that this is what they are in for under Obamacre.

Reactions: racer

·
Registered
815 Posts
Is the VA your sole provider?? If not you you should attempt to resolve this even if it requires an out of pocket expense. The money is one thing, your life and a death from cancer another. Take care of yourself!

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
I have a buddy that works at the VA in Temple, TX. If you want me to have him resolve this for you PM me.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I have chronic lower back pain and was consulted to the pain management doc at the Montgomery, AL hospital for possible steroids injections. Initial appointment was 26 days after consult. Saw the doc and after he did a hands on exam, checked my MRI films he said I was an excellent candidate for the shots, BUT (big BUT!!!) he didn't know how long it would be before I would be scheduled. Seems the hospital has two doctors doing the shots, but only ONE fracking X-ray machine they use to position the injections! And they had a quite large backlog of patients waiting already. BTW, this was June, 2013...I had the injection a week ago Thursday, May 22. 2014. Almost a year hurting and hoping they would hurry up and get it done so we could see if it'd help. So far, so good. Feels better, no spasms and the pain has decreased noticeably (other than that resulting from the ladder fall the same day of the injection!!!).
In comparison my late wife could call her pain doctor and 3-5 days later have the injections done. My GF called her doc on a Monday and had hers done the next day. If I could afford it, I'd be going to the same doctor for treatment. Unfortunately, I lost my insurance (thanks obummercare), can't afford the premium, deductible and copay of the "Affordable Care" foisted on us and am only 62 so no Medicare. Thank God for my 50% rating at the VA or I'd be up the creek.
Thankfully mine isn't a possible life or death situation

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I'm on the tail end of a medboard, and really not looking forward to this. But I know better than to expect it to get better.

But we can make sure the millions of illegals entering the country can receive healthcare.

Reactions: bigblock

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Russell40 I sent you a PM. Check it and follow through with the contact listed. He's a very good friend of mine and we discussed your situation in depth. He works in Hematology/Oncology at the Temple, TX VA and will get you squared away on Monday.

Take care of yourself and let me know if I can be of additional help.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
If the help hammonje is able to give is a great thing but it should not have to be that way. I hope and pry you get the relief and help you need. Cancer history in your family is NO joke, take care of this one way or another. Be well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts