M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new VA card in the mail. My pitcher is 50 years old but the card has a cute little EGA on it. Too bad it ain't worth a tinker's damn. The card not the EGA!!

This is my last thread. Don't want to lose my GRUNT status,

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm not for sure what needs enlightening, but here goes....

EGA = Eagle Globe Anchor
Grunt = A US Marine (Enlisted)
Why his last thread = I really don't know. I do hope the Marine is OK in Body, Mind & Soul.

Also:

Those who use the VA for Medical Care received a new ID card in the mail. The photograph of the persons face is reused from their last card, which was reused from their last card. Eternal youth in a photograph. I received mine a couple weeks ago.

My State is reusing the last photo with our new Drivers License.

Reactions: sgt 0311

·
Registered
531 Posts
Just got a new VA card in the mail. My pitcher is 50 years old but the card has a cute little EGA on it. Too bad it ain't worth a tinker's damn. The card not the EGA!!

This is my last thread. Don't want to lose my GRUNT status,
DUDE! I am half cocked because my pitcher was about 3 minutes old. 50 yrs is more like a wine!BEERCHUG1

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm not for sure what needs enlightening, but here goes....

EGA = Eagle Globe Anchor
Grunt = A US Marine (Enlisted)
Why his last thread = I really don't know. I do hope the Marine is OK in Body, Mind & Soul.

Also:

Those who use the VA for Medical Care received a new ID card in the mail. The photograph of the persons face is reused from their last card, which was reused from their last card. Eternal youth in a photograph. I received mine a couple weeks ago.

My State is reusing the last photo with our new Drivers License.
What needed enlightening was the VA information. Those of us that are healthly enough to stay away from the VA have no idea what the original thread was talking about. The Marine information was a given since my avatar is right under my name....And yes I understand the different levels of the post counts as well.
SMAWman

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I got mine too...I was lucky enough to serve in the Marines for two tours then moved over to the Army to do my last tours in. BUT my Government ID card shows the Army emblem, and now the new VA card shows the Eagle Globe and Anchor.

Talk about confusing and what makes it even worse is my six rows of ribbons have both Army and Corps ribbons tossed together like a salad bowl. Which only adds to the confusion when another service member sees them and starts to ask me questions...like... you know you have Army and Marine ribbons mixed up on that? Jeezus!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Haven't received "new" card yet

For years my card was paper, then later plastic, with a purple triangle. Now my card is plastic with my picture on it. No EGA or anything else. It does have "service connected' and 'purple heart' on it.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
For those who have received your new VA card. Some questions.

Do you guys have a high disability rating or middle, or low?
When did you become a VA patient?

I am trying to figure out when will I receive my new card. My rating is very high and been in the VA system for 16 years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.