M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any experience with these?

http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail....1=&level2=&itemno=MNT-TM14TR&status=&mtrack=m

I was thinking about getting one for my Scout but don't want to throw money in toilet ! The Sgt. Major of the household (wife) is already making me stop my purchasing of firearms and I'm not too keen on rails as it is after my hands were almost daily chewed on by the ones on my M16A4 in the giant kitty litter box. So I ask you guys and gams What do you think about these? Thanks !BLUESDEVIL

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't speak for the M1A rail setup. I have UTG quad rail on my AR and they work fine there. I've looked at those for my SOCOM 16 but may opt for the upgrade from Springfield. There are plastic snap on covers for rails to cover up the 'cheese graters' when they aren't being used.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine looks great and with a 2x7 long relief scope it shoots great. Got mine for $56.00

·
Registered
622 Posts
While I donot have the product listed my experience using UTG stuff has been pretty positive. They are usually rough around the edges and lack precision made cuts. Their screws are of lower but acceptable quality . Ultimak is top notch and won't disappoint. If you can afford the higher price go with the Ultimak, if not I would give the UTG a shot. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Go with the Ultimak. The old adage "You get what you pay for!" is never more true than with parts for these rifles. The extra bucks may hurt more now, but you will not regret it down the road. IMHO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts