M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone says it, I know UTG/Leapers is the low-end gear more suitable for airsoft. And Ive read it more times than i could recall, "you pay for what you get" or "why buy a $1k+ firearm and buy $50 mounts, etc. Ive found out the hard way buying on eBay, but at least my wallet didn't take too much of a hit. That tri-rail is sitting in a box somewhere in the garage.

Back on topic, Ive looked on numerous sites like amazon, optics planet, etc. Some of those UTG/Leapers bipods are half the price of the Harris line and with 4-5 star ratings and reviews. Im sure theres plenty of M1A/M14 or .308 owners out there using one. While noticing the standard Tactical OP bipod has the most and best reviews out of all their other ones. I thought to myself, "maybe theyre not as bad as their other stuff." I watched this youtube review about it and it looks like its pretty darn sturdy.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PclItj456Hk[/ame]

I wasn't planning on getting that similar bipod. But UTG/Leapers offers one thats more beefy. Its about $45 depending on where you look. Its called the Super Duty OP bipod. Whats the worst that can happen right? I can always return it and get my money back if its a bust when i goto the range to test it.

if anyone has owner or used one of the bipod from UTG/Leapers line up, any type of opinion is gladly accepted.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I use GG&G Extreme Duty bipod on my M14s and Black Hawk on my AR types.
I stopped cutting corners quite awhile back.
It's kind of like the dude who buys a 1000 dollar hunting rifle then purchases a 69 dollar scope and can't understand why his rifle isn't all that accurate

·
Registered
635 Posts
I bought a UTG bipod and put it on my Ruger Scout rifle and I love it. It works great and is quit sturdy. Plus it has a mounting system where you can mount it on a rail or on a sling swivel.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Don't trust 5 star amazon revirews.

You could sell dog doo on amazon and 500 people would give it 5 stars:

" This s##% IS THE BEST s×=% I have ever bought. Buy with confidence!"

" 5 stars, not to hard , 10 secs in the microwave and it's just like fresh, will order again"

You have to read the 3 star ratings:

"Considering I bought a bipod and received kanine excrement, you should look elswhere"

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i definitely take in every review, and also consider the fact that there will be a good percentage of ppl that aren't happy with the products quality. i also took into consideration that a lot of the reviews came from 5.56 or 22 owners. so .308/7.62 owners mileage will definitely vary. majority of the reviews aren't for the specific model that I'm interested in purchasing. i might just bite the bullet and spending the $45 on the super duty model to see if the beefier construction and additional support is enough to be suitable for use with a .308/7.62 rifle. at least ill able to have a quick photoshoot with it on my m1a plus the ability to return it if I'm not satisfied and pay the difference for a harris.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Dude skip lunches, get a good bipod. You need to be able to load the he'll out if it

That UTG will fall apart.

A Harris can be had for 60$

If you must cheap out get a Blackhawk for 40$.

The Harris is far better contructed. You can tell by holding it.

My Blackhawk has survived on my 8 mm mauser, it also comes with a pod lock type lever. It's heads and shoulders over that UTG junk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't trust 5 star amazon revirews.

You could sell dog doo on amazon and 500 people would give it 5 stars:

" This s##% IS THE BEST s×=% I have ever bought. Buy with confidence!"

" 5 stars, not to hard , 10 secs in the microwave and it's just like fresh, will order again"

You have to read the 3 star ratings:

"Considering I bought a bipod and received kanine excrement, you should look elswhere"
Those reviews would probably get you points on @midnight. My housemate was cracking up as I was trying to finish reading them out loud. Thanks for the great start to my Tuesday!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude skip lunches, get a good bipod. You need to be able to load the he'll out if it

That UTG will fall apart.

A Harris can be had for 60$

If you must cheap out get a Blackhawk for 40$.

The Harris is far better contructed. You can tell by holding it.

My Blackhawk has survived on my 8 mm mauser, it also comes with a pod lock type lever. It's heads and shoulders over that UTG junk.
I was actually considering the blackhawk traverse track bipod as well. but wasn't sure about that one just as much as I'm not too sure about the UTG bipods. just thought id throw the question out there to see if anyone had any good experience with them. even though i did get a glimpse of their quality in the past.

I'm pretty sure the bipod occupying the bottom of my range bag is UTG. I'll check tonight when I get home. SoCal is a big place. How close are you to Corona?
I'm roughly an hour from corona, I'm from northridge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.