M14 Forum banner

USMC Stock w/Sling

1789 Views 17 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Tommieguns2112
Found some old junk today figured I would share some pic's.

Semper Fi

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,447 Posts
"Junk"? Like at a flea market, consignment shop or garage sale? Or "junk" like you just had it laying around and forgot you had it? Or "junk" like you were driving down the street and it was poking out of the top of someone's toter!! I need to find some "junk" like that!! Keep us posted as you build on it by adding "scrap metal" to the "junk".

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
front or rear lug? can't see bottom of your receiver. Double lug guns are nice but came with a heavy barrel. Single rear lug mostly were built using the light heavy barrel like you have pictured. If you are looking for a rear lug I'm going to be cutting a old lug bar I have in my tool box soon you would have to get someone to shape and weld it on for you. But would be willing to sell as I will only use one piece to build mine with.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have moved a few times in the past 30+ years and tired of moving stuff even though I have settled. Jut to much stuff I cant enjoy so was dumping seabags and footlockers to see what I wanted to keep for know and what I want to let go for others to enjoy. So was a garage find (Mine) of course it still looks like a bootcamp squad bay after a DI finds a unsecureed foot locker...

Cant believe how much junk I have kept.

· Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Nice find, thanks for those pics.

I need to find a USMC front lug and try to get this one built somehow this year...my sling isn't nearly at neat as yours, but the barrel is pretty unique.

Nice --- I have a Barnett 1:10 twist 4 grove barrel that was looked at as being a better barrel for the LC118 or the "Special Ball" ammo after DCM started issuing it rather than LC852 ---
It sure seemed shot it better than my Barnett 1:12 twist 6 grove barrel

· Registered
5,451 Posts
front or rear lug? can't see bottom of your receiver. Double lug guns are nice but came with a heavy barrel. Single rear lug mostly were built using the light heavy barrel like you have pictured. If you are looking for a rear lug I'm going to be cutting a old lug bar
Thanks for the offer. I actually have a USMC rear lug, but I'm still waiting on a retired 2112 to dig out his stuff and hopefully give me a front lug. He has a box of them but buried away following a move, but access to his storage is blocked by a boat in his garage, etc. BTW, my 1995 Barnett is a heavy barrel (seen on top). Lower barrel is a 1990 dated USMC Barnett medium weight. Just an fyi.

· Registered
54 Posts
Both of those are really nice. Did they often stamp the slings the way that one is?

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will look for a front lug in my stuff I used to have one but still trying to unpack into a corner of the garage don’t have the space I used to have. If I find it will contact you and see if you still need one

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.