M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

anyone know where i can get one of those? after seeing this pic i think i can benefit from having on of those on my rifle

·
Registered
120 Posts
Basically you will have to put it together like I did. You will need to get a Navy Seal Gray Sage EBR Chassis to start. Then you will need to obtain the following:
1. Top Rail milled to accept the Smith 2006 Scope mount. You can either get this from Sage if they have any or have someone mill it for you.
2. Tan handguard. This should be available from Sage.
3. Buttstock extension. This is part number M14BEK from Sage. Last time I spoke with them, they only had them in black but they originally came in black and silver.

Here is a pic of my build:

Also, a few years ago Clyde's had a very limited run of USMC M39 stocks that were a Tan color. They came from Sage with the milled top rail and tan handguard. They are very rare and will probably be expensive if you find one but there are a few out there. Here is what those look like:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Finger on the trigger, ready for the first victim.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yeah. That's what I was thinking. The lack of basic safety proceedures in that photo gives me the willies.
Gives you the "willies"? Looks like someone is losing theirs if that gun was loaded! dance2dance2

·
Automatic Rifleman
585 Posts
You're assuming he didn't check that the rifle was safe first. You should never assume...

That Sage though... clearly there is a round in the chamber AND the safety is off!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
You're assuming he didn't check that the rifle was safe first. You should never assume...
OK, so he might be fine on Rule 1. How about Rules 2 and 3?

Thanks very much. I'll assume the weapon is loaded until proven otherwise, particularly if others are downrange of the muzzle and there's a finger inside the trigger guard.

·
Automatic Rifleman
585 Posts
OK, so he might be fine on Rule 1. How about Rules 2 and 3?

Thanks very much. I'll assume the weapon is loaded until proven otherwise, particularly if others are downrange of the muzzle and there's a finger inside the trigger guard.
Perhaps he IS ready to shoot in which case I would hope the rifle IS loaded.
You're creating a picture in your mind and creating drama over a picture of which you have no clue to the circumstances.
When I look at the picture the only thing I assume is that I have zero information about what was transpiring at the moment the picture was taken, whatever was happening is of no consequence to me and for all I know the person in question is a supreme marksman and safety zealot who is taking down a would-be evil doer who is attempting to shoot all his companions in the back... out of frame... to the right.
On top of all that... I'm just kidding around.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Unless you're going to hunt the guy down and scold him for his actions with the picture in front of him... who freaking cares? Unless you were there to do something about it then (which obviously nobody was) there's no use whining about it now.

Bunch of finger Nazi's...

·
Banned
253 Posts
unless you're going to hunt the guy down and scold him for his actions with the picture in front of him... Who freaking cares? Unless you were there to do something about it then (which obviously nobody was) there's no use whining about it now.

Bunch of finger nazi's...

DI2 you made me laugh.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have the stock and everything, i was just wondering about the stock extender part. thanks guys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts