M14 Forum banner

USMC IHC Garand?

3K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  grateful patriot 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I never saw a Marine Corps marked weapon during my entire enlistment but I have seen many at gun shows and on line since. At a show a month or so ago, someone who should have known better was trying to sell an H&R Model 65 with a bogus "USMC" stamped on the wood and no "US Property" on the metal as genuine. So many people wanted to believe...

For reasons that would take an entire page to enumerate, this is a fantasy Garand. Reading what Gus would have to say would be entertaining, to say the least. The biggest problem with this rifle is that it will turn up again and again and one can't even begin to speculate as to the damage it will do to many checking accounts.

#8 ·
I had thought that perhaps it might have been some type of comemeratiive USMC Garand, that was at one time offered by one of the bigger companies, like Fulton or SAI. I'm not knowledgeable about the history of these or the M14's, but all of the other USMC armorer built rifles that I've seen pictures of, have always appeared to be more about function than carfully applied stampings on the stock.

#12 ·
This may seem like a dumb question to some, but I ask only because I don't know the reasoning behind it, but, there's 2 cuts in the front sight base on the gas cylinder at different angles...what is that for? Refer to picture 14 in the GB add.

#25 ·
Now can you help me find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, or my missing Unicorn? I can't find them either.............
Ummm, about that Unicorn.................. I saw Tom Cruise sneaking around your backyard dressed like an elf!GI3

#27 ·
There's a disclaimer added by the seller to the effect that "I know nothing."

I don't know who Phideaux is but I'll bet he's praying for a higher bidder. For his sake I hope that somewhere there's a fantasy Garand collector who'll help him out. If not, I hope he has a good sense of humor.

#29 ·
That is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen. I think it needs another crossed cannon stamp, or another stamp that says "NM", you know, for that extra .5 MOA accuracy.

That's the way it works right? Just like with "sticker horsepower"...

*rolls eyes*

#30 ·
That's pretty good. Allegedly a Marine Corps match M1, but the stock has AFPG stamped on it, which stands for Air Force Premium Grade. Must have been a collaboration between the AF and Marine Corps.

Okay Gus, who was the Air Force armorer you worked with to build the rifle?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.