1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name: Nam
Price:130 plus shipping
Item: USGI stock with buttplate and handguard

I have a USGI stock with incredible looking grain. It's nothing like I've seen before and am a little hesitant to let it go. It's a lighter walnut with various color changes and shining shimmering stripes of grain that change color based on angle. Its mesmerizing like those holographic card you get as a kid.

The stock is in fantastic shape. A few bumps and scratches but for an issued weapon, you can tell it was very lightly used. I've never sanded the stock but it has heavy sanding marks from its birth. The sanding marks from when the stock was made is very apparent as it runs across all the cartouches and gives the stock a beautiful satin finish.

There's a feel when you hold the stock that you can only get with old wood. Over time, the grain raises a bit and you can feel it on your hand when holding it. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it almost feels like lightly textured grip. I've only seen this in C&R guns. The stock feels great to hold. You can tell that it's wasn't meant to be shiny and soft like consumer stocks but looks fantastic at the same time.

The proof stamp is very deep and clear. The DOD stamp is also very visible but stamped lightly with very fine lines.

Finally, I forgot to include pictures of the buttplate but you can expect the condition to be similar to this one. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b83ecnmi7oae488/AABdGn0U7HRV-KVFIPMdHAREa

I'll also include a handguard which is in good shape but has some scratching.

Words can't describe how great looking this stock is. I'd put it on my own rifle but the girlfriend prefers a smooth stock. I've ranted long enough. I took lots of pictures but even that doesn't do it justice. Enjoy the pictures!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/19w9zlor4szp73c/AAD--meq2AjoSFltEGDhH9yMa

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Very unusual wood figuring, I like it and wish I'd been up at 3.40AM to have snagged it.

Reactions: flipmasterj

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,708 Posts
That will be a work of art when its refinished, good buy for the price!

Casey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts