·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Name: Nam
Price:120 shipped now 110 shipped
Item: complete USGI stock with buttplate and handguard
Payment: paypal gift or +3% paypal fee or money order

I have a stock that has huge potential to look fantastic. As it sits, it has heavy sanding marks but you can still see the nice grain. The sanding gives the stock a very matte sheen.

I included 2 sets of pictures. The first pictures are of how the stock sits now. It has a light layer of tung oil on it though it seems to be a little dry still. The second set of pictures are of the stock heavily oiled. I find this tends to represent how the stock looks when finished to a smooth surface vs the rough USGI finish.

The colors will look beautiful and rich if redone to a smooth finish. As you can see, the stripes look amazing. I've avoided finishing the stock to allow someone to have it at a reasonable cost and because I don't like removing rack numbers. If you want to buy it and want me to refinish, shoot me a PM and I can do it for a fee.

The P stamp as very sharp and the DAS proof is light but detailed. I forgot to take pictures of these. If you need, shoot me a PM and I'll snap some new photos.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v07z4qnqgek7ium/AAD1ENopoo2oUpIONtR_kd3Ga

Enjoy the pictures!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update with more pictures. The picture from the first set shows the stock well but was taken in really bright sunlight and created a glare that made the stock look greyish

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vbba6v4caqrl5wk/AAC_N3M20Wc54LMbhccQmMdia

New pictures taken indoor. Not much has changed but the lighting. As expected, indoors the stock looks much darker and glare isn't quite as bad. Some more detail can be seen but some the shine one would see in the sun is lost. Not that it showed before anyways because of the glare.

Also in the new set are pictures of the cartouches, buttplate and handguard I forgot to include before. The DOD is light but detailed. The P is very crisp. The flapper had the normal wear but the inside looks mint. Buttplate made by KMT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts