M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The SA USGI build is finally complete!

When I found the barrel was mfg on my birth month, I had to build a rifle around it.

GWOLA supplied the forged reciever. They used the serial from the inside of the stock. Wes Hargraves saved that detail during his restoration of the SA stock.

Hueygunner did the NM work on the flash hider, gas cylinder and trigger asembly.

Can't wait to get to the range and try her out.

Wes Lee

·
Retired
4,807 Posts
Hey Wes, that is one beautiful rifle!!!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was afraid they might close, we got three receivers in the last batch.

I wondered why I hadn't heard back from Faye, to bad, great folks to work with.

It took a while longer than they thought to get them finished.

My friend got allot of special detail work on his farther tribute rifle. His unit patch, dates of VN tour and the serial number from his VN M14 weapons card...

Wes

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I'm also shocked to hear that they are closed. I just took delivery of one of their receivers for my current project. Although I haven't started putting it together yet, visually the receiver looks flawless. Anyone know the reason for them closing shop? Maybe just not enough profit at the price that they marketed them for?

·
Super Moderator
3,756 Posts
Wes,

That is a beautiful rifle and I am very happy to see it all built out. I do not get to see many pictures of completed projects, but you did this one right and she is dressed up nicely!

Congratulations on a fantastic rifle that you will enjoy for many, many years.

M1Army

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Wes you were smart to employ M1Army's services as he is first rate and that beautiful stock will compliment that fantastic receiver.

You have a real collector's M14 for sure and a true candidate for M14 of the month.

As was already alluded to, the Gun Works of Lower Alabama receiver will be one of those rare finds in the future and sure to add value to your M14 build.

I have three and would like to had a couple more, I guess I should be happy I was able to get three.

Anyway congratulations on a very nice rifle.

XM25
RenGI2

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I was afraid they might close, we got three receivers in the last batch.

I wondered why I hadn't heard back from Faye, to bad, great folks to work with.

It took a while longer than they thought to get them finished.

My friend got allot of special detail work on his farther tribute rifle. His unit patch, dates of VN tour and the serial number from his VN M14 weapons card...

Wes
WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS RECEIVER.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.