M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had owned my SOCOM 16 well before becoming a member on this site, and since reading around and whatnot I've caught on to the idea of using USGI stuff on a new rifle. I thought I had read somewhere Springfield didn't use USGI parts on the SOCOMs. Got bored and pulled my trigger assembly... Here's what I'm looking at.

Safety has an "M" exposed when in rifle, and HRA becomes visible when out

Body reads 7267030-HR-N

Hammer reads SA 5546008

USGI stuff? What else on the rifle would possibly be?

As a side note... rifle was purchased August of '05 if memory serves me correctly, Ser. No. 1715xx.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
It appears you lucked out with a HR trigger housing and safety with a Springfield GI hammer. Check the marking on the bottom, center,of you op rod and on the top of your bolt. These would be the next easily identifiable items.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quick reply!

The bolt is marked as follows...
7790186-SA
F00125
*EDIT* commercial bolt, forged

and op-rod
7267064-2
SA
*EDIT* commercial op rod.

From a previous post of mine, I was informed I have Killeen spring guide.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Mine came with a USGI H&R trigger group and gas cylinder. I also picked up a Scout a couple of years ago with a USGI housing w/ SAI internals.

They use what they have on hand, so it's luck of the draw, but every now and then you get lucky.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine came with a USGI H&R trigger group and gas cylinder. I also picked up a Scout a couple of years ago with a USGI housing w/ SAI internals.

They use what they have on hand, so it's luck of the draw, but every now and then you get lucky.
How can you tell on the trigger housing internals (other than the safety and hammer) whether it is USGI or SAI?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.