M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, is there a charts or list where I can look up USGI parts for my three M1A rifles? I would like to be able to ID USGI parts from SAI parts.

For instance, one of my M1A rifles is about 12 years old and I would bet that the majority of the parts used are USGI by SAI. I have already confirmed a few of the major parts as USGI.

Also, I have a question about USGI trigger groups. Two of my M1A rifles have USGI trigger groups, one is a TRW and the other is a HRN. However, the smaller internal parts on these trigger groups are an assortment of other USGI parts used by SAI.

When the original M14 rifles were assembled for the military were the trigger groups made from the same manufacturer. Meaning, in the M14 rifles if a trigger group was made by TRW are all the rest of the internals made by TRW too, or were they just a collection of USGI parts assembled in the trigger group?

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
To answer Your Question on Trigger Groups, the various Parts,such as Hammers,Sear, Trigger etc were all made by the Manufacturer or their Sub Contractors, if You have different Parts in a Trigger Group they were replaced either by Govt Armorers or assembled with parts by people like SAI,Armscorp, Fed Ord etc!
The GI markings are pretty well known by just about every one on this Forum except for some Sub Contractors markings which have become obscure or lost over time!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts