M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has done a usgi parts build rifle.. Approx. what did you spend for all USGI parts minus the receiver and barrel.. Also add what you got for replacements such gas the gas cylinder, gaspitson, op rod etc.. I put this in cause I know alot of good places are now making new items to USGI specs..

·
Registered
279 Posts
I bought a T.R.W. complete parts kit with new barrel and new in wrap bolt, nice wood stock and all parts for a complete build except receiver for $1250.00 from the PX on forum.

cat doctor

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Depends on what condition and what maker of parts you want or would accept. TRW in mint condition I think I could do for $1500-1700. If you want to go pretty good condition and are not picky about the manufacturer, then as little as $1000-1200 might do the trick. Takes a little time and shopping to get good usable gi parts.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
CMP would be the place to purchase a parts kit if you want all USGI parts. Minus receiver, bolt & barrel, their kit is $600 + shipping.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
The parts kit that cat doctor was speaking of was all trw.
And very nice parts they were. I sold them.

You can get good quality parts for a reasonable amount here from our PX. A lot of our members here love the platform and are not interested in makeing a killing off of every part.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
My all HR build parts accumulated All HR excellent to NOS without receiver is right at $1200 but as I said those parts are All HR and Cherry

·
Marine
176 Posts
My build was as near as possible to a new H&R M14 clone M1A. All parts were NIW (new in wrap) or As-New with original parkerizing. Everything that is/was marked by H&R, was used in the build.

Some of the parts i purchased didn't make the grade when I recived them and were not returnable, so I kept them for spare parts and bought another.

All said & done, without the receiver & barrel, I spent $1,503.45, shipping & all.

An As-New bbl, with no chrome flaking and 0~1 ME & TE gauge cost me $300. It's hard to find such a bbl. I have a spare bbl now that gauges 0-0 but the chrome is flaking on the TE.

If you can't physically inspect each part, then is would be necessary to have a right of return. Even then, shipping is still a part of the cost.

You did not say what grade of parts you were planning on buying, but it certainly has an effect on the cost.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking for quality parts. How's the parts from RAparts?? They state all parts are in excellent or better unless noted whats everyones experiences??

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
I buy from Claude all the time at raparts, and he is a good guy you can trust, quick service and quality parts. He is a bit higher than some, on some items...but well worth it for parts because they are always as advertised...he prides himself on doing the best he can for you...thats why I shop there.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I buy from Claude all the time at raparts, and he is a good guy you can trust, quick service and quality parts. He is a bit higher than some, on some items...but well worth it for parts because they are always as advertised...he prides himself on doing the best he can for you...thats why I shop there.
I'll second what Ripsaw stated. I buy a lot from Claude. He is a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I am also a 'Claude at RAparts' fan. My last purchase with him was a cherry unitized usgi gas cylinder (welded). Also got a NIW TRW bolt, great parts and service. Also don't overlook the guys on this forum, lots of really fine deals here.

·
Registered
870 Posts
RAparts gave first class, reliable service. Unless he didn't have it, the only place I'll buy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts