M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through my stash and found package with two-two magazine sleeves. The package originally held three of these double mag sleeves and I seem to remember that I got them just before the AWB or just after it stared. Are they authentic? I seem to remember that I opened the third sleeve and inside was one OM (Winchester) and one BRW (Borg Warner?). Is it unusual to have two different contractors in the same sleeve?

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I am no expert by any means
My Guess by the date is that they are arsenal Repacks Pretty sure they did not care if they all matched

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Actually they are not repacks. They have the original contract number, legit.

If you had a different one with two different makers, that was a repack.

Please explain where the 72 date is located.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Has anyone seen these counterfeited? I saw some at the Reno show last year that were in similar boxes, did not have the plastic wrap, and were very dark colored. Just not sure if they were real or not.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Bill
Thank you I stand corrected and Learned I was going by the 72 date

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bill, the three sleeves were wrapped in a cardboard cover. That is where the 2-72 date is located. In the last photo you see the two remaining unopened sleeves laying inside the unfolded cover dated 2-72.

I'm going on my memory as to what was in the packages, so maybe I'm in error on that. Would there be any indication as to manufacturer from the info printed on the sleeves?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts