M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a diagram or info on Standard chrome lined GI barrel dimesions, with the thread pitch. I have a GI barrel that has already been cut once and I would like to see if I can make it into an 18.5" barrel and re-thread it. It looks like there may be a very slight OD difference between the areas of where the regular muzzle area would be and the area between the GC and the muzzle, and I would like to know if it can be threaded at that length for the castle nut? Any info is greatly appreciated. I would not cut it down if it was already not cut. Thanks

·
Registered
608 Posts
I don't have the numbers you're looking for, but i do know that Smith Enterprise cuts them down. I wouldn't leave this up to any old gunsmith, but SE is kinda an industry leader as far as the M14 goes.

-Chris

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I already talked to SE. They said they are not set up right now to do that, the equiptment is being used for GI contract items. They said maybe in a month or two, which in SE time means at least a year :D They have done it though. They do not like to anymore. As I said, I would not even think of cutting down a regular GI barrel, but it is already cut off at the muzze to 20 inches, so it is the perfect candidate to make a bush barrel out of.

·
Registered
846 Posts
redbone i think you are asking for the threads for mounting the flash supressor. here you go.

0.595"-32NS3A threads
major diameter: 0.5950"-0.0060" (0.5890" min)
minor diameter: 0.5567" max

it's a special order tap. not likely to be found in all but the most well equipped shops. you'll also need to re-cut the splineways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.