M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
60s era, Post ban, and recent mags for sale.

4 3 BRW S1 mags $35 ea
1 OM $40 SOLD
1 KMT $40 SOLD
1 HR-R $40
SOLD
1 BRW B2 $60
3 CMI Mil/ LEO $35
5 Springfield mags $40
1 Springfield 10 rounder $30

*NOTE: I will only sell the BRW B2 mag as a package with two or more other mags.*

Will trade for a SA 1943 Garand Barrel with good to great measurements.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Up

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Up

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've been trying to read up on how to identify BRW S1 mags that were forged - how are these identifiable as genuine, for my own benefit? I have CMI mags, but would like at least one example of a genuine GI one, but with all the fakes, I'm trying to be careful!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Wrapped

I've been trying to read up on how to identify BRW S1 mags that were forged - how are these identifiable as genuine, for my own benefit? I have CMI mags, but would like at least one example of a genuine GI one, but with all the fakes, I'm trying to be careful!
--------------
Try and find one still in the wrapper...... Even at that there are many re-wrapped fakes out there. Member Different has a lot of mag identification info here on the forum.

Hobo

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was reading Different's lengthy post from '06 about this, lots of great info, but sometimes hard to actually apply when it comes to making a judgement call.

Chingon, if I might ask, where did you pick these up?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked these up in a trade from a gent in the area. I was told he bought them with the intention of owning an M1A but never got around to actually buying one. Should you decide to purchase them, if for some strange reason you are unhappy with your purchase, I will refund your cash.

These are not fake as far as I can tell using Differents photo essay. The biggest indicator would be the S1 part of the markings. Fakes mark them with a 1 instead of a vertical line for 1 without the horizontal line on the bottom or the left hook from the top. If they are marked with the "Line" 1, it does not necessarily mean they are not fakes but decreases your chances drastically that they are.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Up

·
Registered