M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm building a M14. I have the option of buying a used USGI completed gas system. How accurate, or how "good" is this system. I'm not sure how "used" it is. I will be putting a sadlak coated gas psiton in it and attaching this all to a Heavy Krieger barrel. The receiver will be a Norinco ( I live in Canada and this is all I can find up here). Will all of this "work" together?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Yes it will all work together. The used gas system is probably ok as it takes a lot to wear one out. Look for deep scratches in the bore of the gas cylinder to see if it is serviceable.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it will all work together. The used gas system is probably ok as it takes a lot to wear one out. Look for deep scratches in the bore of the gas cylinder to see if it is serviceable.
Thanks. Deep scratches from to much wear and tear? I so can the be smoothed out?

How is the Norinco flash hider? That won't really effect accuracy will it?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Yes from to much wear or improper cleaning, deep scratches can not be polished out.
The norinco Flash hiders are useally dummy flash hiders and do not affect accuracy unless they are mis aligned and you get bullet strikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts