M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone can help me figure out if the M1A bolt I picked up at the crossroads show today is USGI? Your help is greatly appreciated. This is my first post here, and the bolt is for my M1A Scout.

The numbers are:

SA Z1B

·
Registered
67 Posts
Be patient someone will answer your question tomorrow, I cant help ya, Im wondering th same thing....Welcome to the site... ;) ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hawk said:
I may be wrong but I believe that if you look close, you'll see that the 6 is actually a 5 as in 7790185.... That's what's on my all USGI SA. Bolt would be USGI Springfield Armory.
Thanks for the help Hawk. Unfortunately it is a 6 as in 7790186.

I payed $70...is that a fair price?

Thanks again for your imput.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Stopping-Power I see you are a kimber fan, I carry an ultra cdp II 3 in, Its my favorite gun...nice to see we have somethin in common besides M-14s :D :D

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
IIRC

7790185 Early bolt without roller-put on when put in use.
7790186 Complete bolt

Here's the tricky bit- I believe if the number is followed by the SA on the same line, it is a Springfield Inc. bolt. I.E.

7790186-SA with the next lines number being the heat treat #
F00079

This is the printing on a TRW Bolt:

TRW ZH

Snayper-I believe yours are SA Inc., if not I hope someone will correct me, I will search further, someone (probably Bill Ricca) had a post on this a while back, I just have to find it. HTH

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
7790186-SA
F00079

No question, that is commercial reproduction Springfield Armory, Inc. but the F means forged. If you have one of these with a "B" at the start of the second line it was machined from bar stock. Walt Kuleck verified this with Customer Service at Springfield Armory, Inc. earlier this year.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Regarding my suspect Springfield Armory USGI bolt:

7790186-SA
YO2

The seller represented to me that this was a "Springfield Armory USGI bolt and not a Springfield Inc. bolt". I should have known that the "-SA" next to the part number means Springfield Inc., but the fact that it has a hardness test dimple on the top surface like my TRWs and Winchester threw me off. It was also reparked and looked "new". I don't think Springfield Inc. dimpled their bolts.

Anyone disagree?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HELIGOOD said:
Stopping-Power I see you are a kimber fan, I carry an ultra cdp II 3 in, Its my favorite gun...nice to see we have somethin in common besides M-14s :D :D
You have excellent taste in firearms. I also have a special love for my Kimber. You can never go wrong with them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.