M14 Forum banner

USGI 20 Round Magazines (New in the Wrap)

2352 6
I would like to know if anyone here has had the good fortune to do business with a dealer or private individual selling new in the wrap 20 round USGI M1A/M14 magazines. I have ordered a couple of mags here and there(not wraped)and they have been a disappointment. Either they're scratched, marked up, and worst of all(advertised as USGI) they have no identifying marks as to the manufacturer. That I really don't trust. I'd like to give some of these as gifts and I therefore don't want to give something that looks like it's had a few thousand rounds through it! I can only guess that with the many new? Taiwanese mags around these days that they could be parkerized and advertised as USGI. One merchant actually had the b...ls to say they(Taiwanese mags)are USGI because they are produced on USGI designed machinery! Anyone else born yesterday? I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with the Taiwanese mags as I have 10 of them and they work just fine. They are blued, some minor rust spots easily fixed, and they were sold as advertised. It's just that on this shopping trip I guess I'm looking for the real thing"For Nostalgias' Sake!!!! Thanks in advance for any help you folks can offer. I would like to add that I do live in Long Island N.Y.(a suburb of N.Y.C.)and that's where they would be shipped to, so I assume they would have to be "Pre-Ban". We do still have the AWB here.
Just to review I need:
20 Round size for the M14/M1A
New only, in the wrap
Parkerized and honestly priced.
"Best Shooting"
Pete
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Hey there Simon-Peter,,welcome to the Forum,,,I hear what your saying and in MY opinion,if you want NEW IN WRAP there is only two places to go,,PERIOD!!!!!!! The first one is http://www.coledistributing.com I have bought from them and they are first rate,,I live in NY also and had no problem. :) I have not bought from http://www.quanticoarms.com/ but have heard VERY good reports about them,,, :) . So thats the short and sweet of it,,I feel anyone eles is hit or miss,,,I'm sure other guys can chime in with there thoughts,,but these are the REAL DEAL. Good luck and let us know how you make out!! :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Biathlon - FWIW - I have noted several questions raised recently re Forrest Co. products on other forums - in particular about the M14 mags. Cole Distrib. - the problem with Cole distributing is that you have to give them you personal ID information and sign a waiver before an order. I do not know about you but I do not want to give a company that kind of info -so they can be hacked or their pimple faced workers can scam my stuff. This just happened in the Utah Department of Natural Resources (Game,Fish & Parks) where a worker was using people's credit card numbers they left when reserving campsites to make personal purchases.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Just checked Coles, where I ordered 10 mags for $35 a piece last fall. There are no mags listed except for "collector" mags NIW for $45 bucks a pop.

I think I'll pass on re-ordering from them for a while until they get some more mags in stock.

db

BTW - let's move this down to the Ordinance Supply Forum where it will attract some more attention from the crew. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.