M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local gun shop has a used Vltor M1A stock for sale for $375 is it worth puting my SOCOM II in it? Do you have one? If you do, do you like it? Was it worth the money?

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
389 Posts
if its in good shape thats a pretty good price...i wouldn't mind trying my SOCOM in one... if you buy it and dont like it let me know ill buy it from you..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went and picked it up last night. Looks good on the gun. I want to take it to the range and see how well it works for me.With tax $397.50 doesn't seem to be to bad of a price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I absolutely love mine, sounds like you got a good deal. I don't know if I got lucky or they all fit like a glove; either way it has been a great upgrade.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I bought mine used. After I had it for about a month I noticed a crack in the stock where Vltor fills the selector cut out (which will not affect the sock in any way) so I called Vltor and asked about their life time warranty. I told them that I bought the stock used, had drilled some holes to mount a section of rail for a vfg and the still said to send it back for a replacement. So even know you bought it used I would not worry about it. I liked my Vltor stock while I had it, and it was lighter than my usgi fiberglass that my scout had orginaly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine also has the crack where the selector filler block is located. No big deal to me. I will use as is. I like the way it feels way better.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My SOCOM 16 stock that it came with and my VLTOR stock have that same crack.
Nothing like being consistent.
I just picked up my VLTOR stock at the Portland gunshow on Saturday.
It's used but you could never tell by the way it looks or works.
Its earth sand or what ever they call that color.
As I was carrying it around the show I must have been stopped 24 times and asked if it was for sale and I had one guy offer me $400 for it.
I paid $300 for it.
I love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts