M14 Forum banner

Used my M1A in high power competition

1013 4
and loved it. My Garands' are going to be staying in the safe on high power day. I scored ~70 points higher than my previous best :lol:. To tell you the truth, I was starting to get a little frustrated with my progress. But now I'm all gung ho again. I was worried about the rapid fire reloads being harder with the M1A compared with the Garands, but reloads were actually easier. Another thing, I used my Les Tam sling for the first time, I always have problems with my turner sling slipping down. The Les Tam stayed put.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
I also shoot about 70pts lower with the M1 compared to my M1A, but then I don't shoot my M1 all that much. What kind of ammo are you using? I don't reload, so I use milsurp in both. I think that M80 ball and its NATO and Commonwealth equivelents are a lot more accurate than M2 ball, and that alone probably accounts for some of the difference.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use surplus ammo. With my Garand I've been using the Danish. With the M1A I can't remember if I used Port or SA, but head stamp was r1m1. I have access to reloading equipment, but it'll be a while before I get into it for the M1A. Off the bench I don't recall there being a big difference between the two in accuracy. But it could be I've just forgotten.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.