M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for some input from Tetra users since Im planning on using only Tetra products on my M1A. Ive planning on ordering the kit from Fulton-Armory along with a Tetra Action Blaster Degreaser. I know that its a bit on the pricey side for those products. But I heard nothing but good about them.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I've used their white grease on M14 /M1'S and it is a good product .On a side note the grease I also use on a vintage JD tractor to lube a variable speed sheeve and it holds up for weeks of continuous use in that application which is considerably harsher than rmost rifle use.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Buy from Brownells could be less expensive

Im looking for some input from Tetra users since Im planning on using only Tetra products on my M1A. Ive planning on ordering the kit from Fulton-Armory along with a Tetra Action Blaster Degreaser. I know that its a bit on the pricey side for those products. But I heard nothing but good about them.
GunslickPro Ultra Clenz OR M-Pro 7

Both are kitchen friendly and you want to make sure you get the copper as well as the powder residue.

Rem Oil Wipes are great should get some.
I thick you are going to find you are going to need more than one product.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tetra products are fluorinated. I used to use their grease on the bolts of my CZ rimfire rifles until I noticed it was causing fine brown corrosion on the polished steel bolt bodies. It buffed off, but now I use Superlube grease with PTFE on all my guns, which is what Springfield recommended when I called them.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I used, and still have some Tetra products in the cabinet, and they worked well when I last used them ten years ago. They will affect accuracy negatively if used inside the barrel until worked into the bore and it becomes "conditioned". Too Slick, initially!

Teflon products, when heated enough (and I don't recall what temperature that was) do give off vapors that are NOT healthy for humans. I would evaluate that concern in the concept of how hot my weapon might get, or use Mpro7, a more modern "thin film" lubricant, instead. MPro7(Hoppe's Elite made by same vendor) is very safe and non-toxic, low smell in the house.

Mpro 7 products have had great success used by the .Mil in high friction and load and extreme heat and cold on the C-130 SPECTRE gunships Gatling guns, and are the ONLY Lubricant approved by Boeing Aerospace for the Chain Gun on the Apache helicopter and in it's other applications. Pretty good recommendation. CC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts