• Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Always

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sometimes do, sometimes don't. I usually do when practicing shooting from position. When I'm shooting from the bench for testing loads, etc. I don't. Depends on the trip to the range. Just blasting for fun, ... usually not.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I use the hasty sling I was taught to use during bacic in 1956.

When I shoot from the bench I use the same form. I only use the bench to support my arms and elbows. Dem shoulders do hurt when the elbows get under and up. 8)

TomR

·
Registered
341 Posts
Offhand has always been my best highpower position, or maybe it would be better to say least awful. So what do I practice doing the most at the range and dry firing at home.....offhand :roll:. I bring my sling with me to the range everytime, sometimes I actually use it and practice my sitting and prone. I really should force myself to use the sling and work on my positions more.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did during basic back in the sixties but since then I never use one. I do think that they are indeed a good aide when target shooting however ...

Thanks for the replies and your input ... :wink:

Six

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Not all my rifles have slings. I just got tired buying them. If the rifle comes with one I put it on and it stays with the rifle for eternity. But if it doesnt come with one it gets fired with out. The only time I pull slings from another rifle is if I am going to carring it in the woods. Even if the rifle has a sling I rarly use it when firing I use what is around me to support the rifle, a tree trunk, branch, rock, a hump on the ground and when there is nothing my back pack

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sling

I posted "always" But im not sure if Im useing it correctly. I read freds article on it and the old military explanation but it just dont seem like I got it right. Has anyone got any pics on what it should look like? I use the web sling on my shooter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.