M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone besides myself used one of these? I just left the military and my last assignment was to AFROTC headquarters. When the old ASBC program shut down, we inherited a ton of these. They look, weigh, and feel just like a real M4, and are made by Olympic Arms, but the barrel has no chamber and the trigger assembly is a mock up. They were made to teach how to field strip an M4, and practicing other things, where a real weapon might not be appropriate or safe. Even up close, you'd never know it wasn't real except for the "Cobalt Trainer" marking on the left side. In fact, many of the parts appear to be actual parts.

We had so many of them, and it was discovered that they were not on an equipment account, but had somehow been listed as nonaccountable, so since we had no other use for them, they became giveaways for folks leaving the unit. That's how I acquired one.

That being said, I know they'd love to provide them to some entity that would use them for their intended purpose, so if any of you military or police/sheriff guys would have a use for them, it's possible I could get in touch with my former coworkers and arrange something.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Finally, a reliable product from Olympic Arms.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feed ramp, etc.

Garrard, I figured somebody would say something like that... :) Im not an AR fan, but I have heard of the disdain for Olympic Arms.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Any idea how much those things cost?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure. I did some research, and there are other units out there that have put in RFPs for these things, but I don't remember if there was a cost quoted. For some reason I thought it was a little over $300.

·
Registered
183 Posts
So it looks like an 80% lower that has been assembled and given parts to simulate those that couldn't be put in due to the whole 80% thing. Interesting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts