M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I learned a long time ago to never, ever allow any "interpretation" of the 2nd amendment proferred by modern day mockingbird media to enter my brain.

They are not capable of understanding what any of it means.

At least 90% of the idiots today will tell you "well-regulated" means there are supposed to be restrictions and regulations on gun ownership.

Has nothing to do with it.

Well lookie here, my 14TH post. 14 very very special number. :)

·
Registered
10,631 Posts
Every citizen, so enrolled and notified, shall, within six months thereafter, provide himself with a good musket or firelock, a sufficient bayonet and belt, two spare flints, and a knapsack, a pouch, with a box therein, to contain not less than twenty four cartridges, suited to the bore of his musket or firelock, each cartridge to contain a proper quantity of powder and ball; or with a good rifle, knapsack, shot-pouch, and powder-horn, twenty balls suited to the bore of his rifle, and a quarter of a pound of powder.
So, a citizen should posses a military style bayonet that fits on the weapon and be able to shoot no less than 20 balls (or 24 cartridges) but we are supposed to believe that the right to own a firearm was about hunting with a rifle that can't hold any more than 10 rounds??? :unsure:

·
Registered
286 Posts
"What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.... Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins." -Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, during floor debate over the Second Amendment, I Annals of Congress, at 750, August 17, 1789

Reactions: Sniper_M-14

·
Registered
286 Posts
OK a couple more quotes. People don't talk like this anymore...

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except a few public officials." -George Mason, 3 Elliott, Debates at 425 426

"To disarm the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them..."- George Mason, 3 Elliott, Debates at 380.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"- Thomas Jefferson

1 - 9 of 9 Posts