M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with US Optics. THere is a group buy over on Snipershide. According to everybody overthere they are supposed to be the best. Anyone here have any good/bad info? It would be appreciated before I drop $1600 on a piece of glass. 8O
Rainman

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Thanks Steve K,
Is the clarity and other features worth the extra over a Leupold Mk 4?
The clarity of the U.S. Scope is very good, top shelf, but so are the optics on alot of the comercial scopes. What makes the U.S optic scopes so nice is that you make it what you want. With the commercial scopes you get what is offered. With the U.S Optic scpe you get how you want it. Tube size, optic size, reticals, etc. For intstance the scope pictured on DMR in the bottom picure had a base price of aroun 900.oo I had a honey comb light diffuser put in it along with the bigger post, chose what power I wanted etc. Ended up at a cost of 1500.oo but I got a scope like no other that is offered from Cabelas or a sporting good store.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,159 Posts
Steve k,

Gorgeous rifles, really impressive family pictures you have there Steve k.

XXIV Corps :mrgreen:
DMZ 70-72
[/b]

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have to say that while I like the general performance and very rugged build quality of my US Optics ST-10, its eye relief is absolutely NO WHERE CLOSE to the specified 3.5"-3.8".
Honestly, it is more like half of that advertised distance! That issue was a major disappointment to me regarding USO.
That ST-10 may be a tank, but all of my Zeiss scopes (outstanding) and Swarovskis easily surpass the USO in optical attributes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.