M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I had 500 rounds 45 acp go missing UPS said since it wasn't scanned in I was out of luck. I even had the place I ship from call and say the driver picked up the package. Well I called the Ohio attorney General and UPS changed there tune real quick and gave me the check for the value of the ammo. I know the driver stole it he wasn't the normal driver. I have never had Fed Ex loose ammo.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Never a problem with UPS, unless it goes from one coast to another then to the midwest. Now FedX by me is like the mailman in FunnyFarm. Really dude will not drive up road and literally throws my stuff out at the mailbox 1/4 mile from my house. This after he packed 1k 7.62 to the house and threw it down on the sidewalk without even saying hello. :LOL: When you can drive to the house all the way in the truck. :cautious:

They made a 3k NV delivery in the rain and threw it at the mailbox and did not notify me. I drive down to the mailbox at midnight after the wife said something was there, it is in plastic and laying on the ground in a puddle. And after calling, texting, and trying to even talk to dude now he will call the landline but will not drive up to the house, takes to long.

I guess I am glad it looks like trash on the side of the highway.

Reactions: JeffG

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Probably all the paroled cons they hire as drivers making a little cash on the side.

·
Registered
14,822 Posts
Many times, a UPS package doesn't get scanned until gets to the hub in the evening. Anything can happen to it between the pick up and the hub, especially if it is not your regular driver.

Fed Ex Ground delivered a case of ammo to the wrong address. I called them instantly, since the confirmation email said it was left on my front porch, when the address was for my office. They claimed it was the correct address and refused to honor my claim. No more FedEx for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Haven't had an issue with either. UPS delivers more for us. Hopefully that continues.

Reactions: Sorry Dude

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
When you know your driver things work well but I have had issues here with BOTH. Used to request UPS but now am happy with Fed Ex and USPS for my received items.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
I think it was FedEx. A couple of years ago I sent a rifle to LRB for some upgrades. Was tracking its return to me. Showed signature required. I heard the doorbell. Got to the door just in time to see the FedEx truck driving away. Rifle was left by the front door.

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Fed Ex drivers usually just sign your name themselves out here as well RichRoy and leave it at your door and sometimes do not even ring the bell!

Reactions: JeffG and RichRoy

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Luckily I've never had any lost packages with ups, but recently they've been pretty terrible at delivering in a timely manner. Almost every package these past few months is delayed almost a few days to a week.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry to hear about your ammo shipment. I had one instance where tracking stopped at the hub a few miles from my house never to be seen again which brownells sent a replacement for. Being in California without a FFL03/COE I have to get any mail order ammo shipped to my local FFL. Looking forward to being empty nesters and leaving this state.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
UPS has a new con: if you insure your package for a high-dollar amount, you must check it in at the one central office (which in a large town can be 20-30 miles away) or have a driver pick it up (for an additional $20). Cannot take it to one of the local neighborhood UPS stores.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I drive my shipments to the hub no problem, had to re sticker ammo once. A little something at Christmas and a friendly hello and thanks now and then help. My guy leaves my stuff for me (wine, ammo) and signs that way I don't have keep playing delivery tag. My wife and I both work and I don't worry that much about porch pirates. If it's expensive I stay home the day it's supposed to be delivered.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A fr8end of mine shipped .380 ammo and it was lost. UPS had camera footage of an employee taking the ammo out of the distribution center. Since it didn't have insurance they refused to pay for the stolen ammo

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
If there are employee's that are shopping freely with no fear of getting caught, and when caught are not prosecuted, then they should not be in business very long.

But they are and many here know why. Social change is the main culprit and unless these companies get a grip on their policies of internal malfeasance nothing will change. I am afraid it has become a game, challenge for those that work there.

Now it is who can rip off the biggest items or most expensive. At some point they will have to become self insured, as no insurance carrier will cover continued losses without the business doing nothing to stem the losses in their control, or you would think that. But no, the freight companies will just add on more fee's to cover their own stupidity and as the home deliveries continue to grow the market will expand and new companies are going to begin.

America is at a crossroad, and the only way to continue is to punish the few who do not want to live in a free society. Steal, cut off fingers, then thumbs. Tattoo thief on their forehead, and have them live at the ceo's house to manage his household.

Prosecute, send to an exotic offshore destination. Farm out a system of penal colony's and never return to sender after penalty is complete. Send to the kingdom of Saud or China to be reeducated and if they have any thumbs left Canada is always looking for people to control.

·
Registered
35 Posts

I had 500 rounds 45 acp go missing UPS said since it wasn't scanned in I was out of luck. I even had the place I ship from call and say the driver picked up the package. Well I called the Ohio attorney General and UPS changed there tune real quick and gave me the check for the value of the ammo. I know the driver stole it he wasn't the normal driver. I have never had Fed Ex loose ammo.
Get a receipt when you drop your package off. That receipt is a scan of your package and therefore no question as to whether you dropped it off or not.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts