M14 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

· Registered
877 Posts
UPS has gotten bad over the past year. I do a lot of personal collecting and business in the knife community. Last week I had a total of 2 knives that were either lost or missing from the original packaging. In one instance the box was delivered to my door tampered and empty, and in another instance the package was showing "Delivered" but it never showed up. Both were $200+ Benchmade knives! Someone is either having a laugh and Christmas shopping from my packages, or they have a really bad system that has fallen into disarray.

After all, UPS was once my "Go To" for shipping stuff, because the drivers were always showing up at 9 AM and handing me my packages on the front porch. Now they have lost good drivers due to pay and mismanagement, so they are attracting the " I could care less" crowd.

· Registered
1,761 Posts
Makes me wonder if the local gunshows will return to their former status before the internet, the event you circled on your paper calendar and you showed up Saturday morning to wait in line.

That would be the ultimate irony; private sales of everything booming like the old days due to things like this.
The anti-gun lawmakers continue to pressure the private shipping industry to make unrealistic restrictions on legal firearms-related shipping - and UPS seems very happy to comply.

Once shipping is restricted, and sales move toward LGS and gun shows, they will introduce new laws and ways to restrict that as well.

One step at a time.

All in the name of public safety.

Ya right.

· Registered
1,761 Posts
Nowadays, all UPS packages are tracked. Shy of a truck falling off of a bridge into a river, nothing is "lost." If the package is missing, it was stolen.

So, basically, UPS is admitting that they have an internal theft problem regarding firearms and they don't intend to do anything about it but screw the customer. Nice.
Help the anti-gun administration restrict firearms and deny responsibility for internal theft in one easy step.

Win win!

· Registered
634 Posts
I have shipped ( by UPS ) custom wooden supports [stock]; steel tubular drilled guides [ barrels ]; metal model parts [ triggers, bolts, etc ] without any issues? :cool:
I admit to having done the same BUT I fully accepted that should I be forced to file a claim on that item, I was probably going to lose that claim because they would probably counter that either it was a firearm part and not insurable or that I had mis-characterized it.

This is the risk we take and a probable outcome by taking this approach, unfortunately

· Registered
3,631 Posts
There are two, well... three ways that we can possibly change this trend. 1) Implement a total boycott of UPS. Not only don't ship your items through them, but don't do ANY business with them or through them. If you go to order something online and the vendor ships through UPS, buy it elsewhere - and tell them why. 2) Run/vote the rat bas***ds out of town! 3) The last alternative is one that I will not elaborate on, and one that I neither advocate nor support. Many people feel that the time for this 'final solution' is rapidly approaching, though.

· Registered
3,159 Posts
My problems are always at the middle. Things setting for days on end or going backwards across country. My local delivery people (even had something show up Pony Express) are great and always leave things in the right place.

· Registered
88 Posts
Like anthonypd said,”tell them it’s machine parts.” I boxed up a 1919A4, another box of tripods and accessories. The clerk said “pretty heavy stuff” I said “yep, drilling equipment”. Maybe I just lucked out?

· Registered
590 Posts
I've lodged several USPS claims. No problems! In one case, the item showed up months after the claim was paid off. The packaging had gotten damaged, and the address label was GONE. No idea how they got it back to me.

Have had to go to small claims court with UPS ( United Parcel ) several times. They don't pay claims to small shippers at all. Winning is not very satisfying when it takes months and months.

FedEx is somewhere between the two.

I no longer use UPS for ANYTHING outgoing, and would much prefer to never deal with them at all, even incoming. They delivered one handgun marked "signature w/i.d. only" to a neighbor with a similar address who was a convicted felon on parole. I eventually got it, but think about the potential ramifications of that. It was ABANDONED in front of his residence. Dozens of other anecdotes.

The worst of them are HORROR STORIES involving United Parcel. Don't kid yourself: it has nothing to do with "politics", save perhaps giving them excuses. They've been shifty and dishonest right from the very beginning.

· Registered
51 Posts
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this…so if it needs to be moved to a different forum please move it.

We’ve had now two customers just this week (week just started) who ship pretty much all UPS. One of our customers is one of our top three customers.

UPS is telling them….any shipping of gun related parts and rifles…even if the shipment is insured…they (UPS) will not honor any claims due to lost shipments. I‘m not sure about damaged shipment but any lost shipments. So they asked UPS. “So if I ship $4k worth of parts and or a complete rifle….and you (UPS) loses the shipment and I insured it…you will not pay the claim?” They said that is CORRECT! They asked…”when did this become policy?” They said effective immediately!

So watch how your shipping your stuff.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels
I tell you what, these communist vile companies absolutely make me SICK. Folks is it truly not painfully obvious where we are and what has come of the US? Our country has been taken over at a bare minimum since 2020 and the Constitution everyone loves to go on and on and on about is 99% DEAD. Sitting back, doing Nothing has really worked out well for us hasn't it?

· Registered
51 Posts
Elections do indeed have consequences.
[/QUOTE
Yes but we are so, so, so far beyond that point. Elections are an absolute mockery anymore! Look what is going on say in AZ for example and God knows how many other states. America is DONE. I don't like it but it is 110% Fact. And we the people still keep banging on the keyboards, doing Nothing.

· Registered
51 Posts
Nowadays, all UPS packages are tracked. Shy of a truck falling off of a bridge into a river, nothing is "lost." If the package is missing, it was stolen.

So, basically, UPS is admitting that they have an internal theft problem regarding firearms and they don't intend to do anything about it but screw the customer. Nice.
Well let's start with they are all union CRIMINALS so yeah. . .

· Registered
51 Posts
It is beginning to look like the days of ordering online are coming to an end. Now if you want something special you will need to pick it up. It was good while it lasted but I will miss being able to find something that is not local.
OF course they are virtually on life support! That is what the criminal govt worthless buffoons want. They want guns gone period so they can go all "China" on us. Glad I have what I need. People have virtually no reason to be ill prepared at this point unless they are missing a few chromosomes along the way.

· Registered
7 Posts
UPS refused to ship a shotgun barrel for me. Said no guns, gun parts, or ammo. I now refuse to use UPS. My neighbor drives for FedEx. He said their gun related packages had increased tremendously.

· Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this…so if it needs to be moved to a different forum please move it.

We’ve had now two customers just this week (week just started) who ship pretty much all UPS. One of our customers is one of our top three customers.

UPS is telling them….any shipping of gun related parts and rifles…even if the shipment is insured…they (UPS) will not honor any claims due to lost shipments. I‘m not sure about damaged shipment but any lost shipments. So they asked UPS. “So if I ship $4k worth of parts and or a complete rifle….and you (UPS) loses the shipment and I insured it…you will not pay the claim?” They said that is CORRECT! They asked…”when did this become policy?” They said effective immediately!

So watch how your shipping your stuff.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels
This so BS. All these people are over stepping. So I guess they don’t want our business. Fedex it is until they get pressured by big G and current A. I tried to ordering two magazines and they supplier can’t send them. They us UPS.

· Registered
1 Posts
If they take your money to insure the shipment, and they know what you are shipping, the new policy isn’t worth the time they took to make it, they have entered into a legally binding contract once they’ve taken your money knowing what is being shipped.
I think what is happening is there having wide spread theft, as I have had it happen 3 times now, hence why I ship FedEx exclusively, and every time it happened at the Distribution Center level, setup a FedEx account, save yourself the time and money.

· Registered
63 Posts
Nowadays, all UPS packages are tracked.
If you believe either UPS or FedEx actually tracks packages, I have a very nice bridge back in my home town (Brooklyn NY) that I would like to sell you at a very good price.

Seriously. NONE of the shipping companies actually track packages. The tracking data shows where their computer thinks the container that your package is supposed to in is supposed to be. But that computer doesn't know if your package is actually in that container, and often doesn't know where the container actually is.

Once a package is recorded as being put in a container, there is absolutely no attempt to track that individual package. The entire system is built around tracking the container along a predetermined route. Of course, there is nothing that checks whether the package was actually put in the correct container - or any container at all. Sorting and loading is all done manually by entry-level employees, most of whom are temporary. Employees are rated on the number of packages handled per day, not on the accuracy of where those packages go. There is enough automated sorting that most packages do get sent to the right container and most containers get put on the right truck but the actual loading is done by people (none of whom give a damn).

Shy of a truck falling off of a bridge into a river, nothing is "lost." If the package is missing, it was stolen.
As noted above, there are numerous opportunities for packages to get misrouted and misplaced without deliberate theft. If a package arrives at the wrong facility, getting it pointed back towards the correct facility is a manual process that requires someone actually do their job (how likely is that with today's entry level workforce).

· Registered
26 Posts
I have an issue with one of my rifles that I was considering sending it to the manufacturer for rework. After reading these comments, that surprised me, I will deal with it. If I need to invest in learning the "Smith" trade, I will.

· Registered
3,159 Posts
I have an issue with one of my rifles that I was considering sending it to the manufacturer for rework. After reading these comments, that surprised me, I will deal with it. If I need to invest in learning the "Smith" trade, I will.
Get them to send you a return shipping label, then whoever they choose is on them.

· Registered
3,631 Posts
You can still take it to your local FFL and pay him to ship it for you, if that's an option for you.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts