M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have cobbled together a batch of new M1 Garand barrels, including latest Citadel upgrades, phosphate finished, in both .308 and .30 Caliber. $160 each shipped (I pay shipping) to the lower 48. They're 4 groove, 1 turn in 10", and far higher quality than the older versions. New ones are caliber marked, in the white shank and flats, far higher uniformity, roundness, concentricity standards than years back. These have been fine, fine shooters.

Also still have the selection of Wilson Arms barrels in the white, $180.00 each, also shipped, both calibers. I do not have 1 turn in 10" .30/06 and do not seem to have stainless in that caliber. Do have a few stainless .308, all that I can find in 1-12. All the .30/06 are 1 turn in 12".

New, obviously. Wilson is NOT the same company as Wilson Combat, the pistol place, and no longer will produce M14 or M1 barrels.

I seem to have the "world supply", and when these are gone, there won't be any more Wilsons.

They have the best reputation of any of the service profile GI-style.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Any shipping oddities or anomalies, let me know, please.

I try to send out full tracking info, but that doesn't mean everything gets where intended, when intended. If you need to verify, contact me at my e-mail.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Sir, are the Wilson 30.06 M1 Garand barrels GI profile and still 2 for $300 shipped as indicated in your previous thread?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 for $300.00??

I can do that, but once I ship two out, all bets are OFF.

I only have 3 left, total.

I have some I have not sorted yet, and there have been mixups, but anyway, what I am saying is, I can only do that ONCE, unless there are more mis-labeled items in the boxes.

So YES, if you hurry, that is still possible.

·
Registered
989 Posts
.308 1 turn 12" stainless units, Wilson.

I'll take 2.
pm sent
pg
USA2

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Now down to one stainless on hand, pending payment.

If there are ANY more--which I doubt--it won't be many. And I think the single remaining is the "whole enchilada".

But see update below.

Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Stainless

I do have OTHER Wilson barrels, to include.30/06 4140 1 turn in 12", and 308's in both rifling speeds.

And it turns out, two that were marked "4140" are actually 4-16 stainless.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Citadel are also available, albeit I am out of .30/06 for a while. If you need one, advise, and I'll let you know when they arrive.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Jim

What is the highest quality M1 30.06 barrel you have? What is the difference (other than obvious) of a 1 in 10 or a 1 in 12? One tighter than the other?

Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thought I'd answered this. "Quality" differences are nominal to nonexistent. For no reason I can emperically quantify, the Wilsons, all things being equal, will last a bit longer in accurate form. It may be the more subtle crown. Accuracy-wise? In .308, with good enough ammo, both can achieve, in a good, tightly bedded rifle, MOA. In .30/06 that is true very rarely and only with absolute controls and iron discipline and a certain amount of luck. We also know that 1 turn in 12" will hold up longer as well, but that is isn't optimum of 168 grain + bullets.

But on a day-to-day basis, once they're ready for YOUR rifle, the two are effectively the same. We DO very carefully inspect and thus reject a few.

But either seems to outperform the Criterions I have tested for comparative purposes, which is why I ceased using those for my testing. Criterion is by no means "bad", they're fine. But they cost me a few dollars more than the others, and didn't perform quite as well.

I do virtually nothing with .30/06 in Garands any more, quit using the cartridge for the MOLY/cleaning and other tests when I realized it wasn't as accurate, cost more, and was harder to get to do what I needed.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another important factor: I have LOTS of Wilson .30/06, all 1 turn in 12". I am very low on Citadel, which are all one turn in 10".

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do have stainless .308 1 turn in 12", Wilson .30/06 4140 Carbon steel, 1 turn in 12", and plenty of Citadel .308. Should have more Citadel 1 turn in 10" .30/06 fairly quickly, but contact me FIRST before ordering. There are only TWO Wilson Arms 4140 1 turn in 10" .308 remaining.

I'm thinking of offering a mounting/headspacing service, too. Inquire if interested.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
CMP marked are on hand, being phosphated now. Those are a tad higher.

Also, some feedback from a happy, happy user who ordered a second stainless .308:

"Great! Enclosed find money order for a second one. Won a local match with the first one, and I don't have 100 round through it yet!!"

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Interesting. Have been admonished not to use bold type in the forums. This makes it harder for these old eyes to see, but I shall endeavor to conform.

More interesting: both I and purchasers have been finding these 1 turn in 12" jobs superior with bullets up to and including 180 grains.

I had heard that, but never saw the proof before.

Also: I have ONE and only ONE CMP-marked .30/06 1 turn in ten inches phosphated ("Parkerized") M1 Garand standard barrel, a truly very rare item, bearing 2010 date, from the Wilson Arms merchandise purchase. New, unfired, short chambered, of course. $210.00.

If you want that one, please hurry. The first seven went like lightning!!!

(edit: these are now entirely sold out, supply exhausted!!)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks as if a loss/damage en route means I shall have to replace a damaged unit with my very last CMP-marked 1 turn in 10" .30/06 barrel.

Everything else noted is still on hand.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts