M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a squad scout that shoots at about 2MOA @ 200 meters using M80 Portuguese ball nato rounds from a bench with no gun rests. I was looking to upgrade the front sights to have a smaller front reticule because @ 200 m my sights cover up most of my target.

I know I want to get a front upgrade, but I cannot find one smaller than .062" anyone have a place they can find one smaller than that, or is the reason it is that width because any smaller would decrease target acquisition? If I cannot find one Ill machine one, which is never my first choice, especially for something that small.

Also about the rear sights. I am hunting with this rifle (deer, bear, boar) How do you guys like the hooded rear sights? Will a rear sight with a smaller hole be better? Will they affect my ability to hunt? are they worth it?

Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Home Depot... a file

·
MGySgt USMC (ret)
7,066 Posts
OK, since the front sight is further back towards the RS on a Scout than on a full length rifle, I can see how folks who have REALLY good eyesight may find that width of blade a little too wide.

BUT there is something I need to ask. Have you actually measured the width of your .062 front sight? The reason I ask is there are a LOT of Front sights on the market that are stamped .062, BUT are actually full size or are around .070" wide when you actually measure them.

You may find your front sight is wider than .062 and you can just order a REAL .062" width NM front sight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.