1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Token Libtard
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SA M1A receiver and M21 stock
Kreiger 1-10 medium weight match barrel
M14.ca hand guard and CASM scope mount (Gen II, steel)
Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44 FFP scope and Pro rings (low)
USGI unitized (welded) front band & gas cylinder
ShootingSight RPS Trigger and Hammer
Sadlak spring guide and TiN gas piston
Schuster adjustable gas plug
Ron Brown sling

Once it’s glass-bedded it’ll be "done"

Attachments

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
Nice work.

I have to ask, wouldn't have been easier to just sell the Scout and get an M21 right from the factory?

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,021 Posts
I don't know, some of us (me) like to take the most painful, complicated route to the finish line! GITEN I went from "Loaded" to M25 to J.A.E.-100 with top shelf glass, I think the real problem is I didn't realize I would get addicted to M14s and want more than one.
m14brian

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
If you've been thinking with your spare parts stash your only one nice receiver shy of a new custom scout squad,
to go with your M-21 with the cheekpiece on backwards , welcome to the addiction .

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Ah yes Watson, does appear we have created another monster.
Looking good and as mentioned, your entry to the 10 dot would be welcomed. I would expect more than one box of ammo would be necessary though.

·
Premium Member
Token Libtard
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I have to ask, wouldn't have been easier to just sell the Scout and get an M21 right from the factory?
Well yes, but I didn't know that. WAAAY back in Feb 2019, the M1A Scout was my first gun purchase, ever. I got the 18" one because I thought it was a nice middle ground since I "wasn't going to get an AR,." Fast forward to June, I discovered that even M80 ball ammo is expensive and 5.56 less so, so I bought an AR, and spent a ton of time and money bolting stuff to it that I thought was cool. Then I got a CZ Scorpion, which is even cheaper to shoot, so rinse and repeat on that.

Now that I have some other bases covered, I don't need a "general-purpose" M1A, so I wanted to go back to the full length and put some love/time/money into the M1A. To my knowledge, the M21 wasn't available when I bought this.

Tony is just down the road from you...
Who do you think installed the barrel? ICONCOOL Yeah, Tony is about 15 minutes drive from me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very cool...Did you throw this build up on another gun forum as well, or am I mistaken? Glad you got the cheek piece sorted out...You'll have to post your range results, if it shoots half as good as it looks you'll be in business.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts