M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have been doing more than just reading these forums. Since my last post I have made some mods and acquired some parts for my Sweet sixteen.

I have the following USGI parts: trigger group by SA. Brown fiberglass handguard, and birch wood stock. The handguard and stock came from Fred's Stocks.

I also have installed a Sadlak spring guide and SEI SOCOM gas plug. The gas cylinder has been shimed.

As for the wood stock: I did the NM mod to the ferrule, and hogged out the wood for the gas cylinder and operating rod. Next I removed the forward mounted sight rail and fitted the syn handguard. It now has a 1/16th inch gap a ove the forearm of the stock, clears the receiver and floats above the barrel thanks to the weather stripping.

I have stepped the stock and will stain it with dark walnut followed by BLO and wax.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not finished it yet. The stain will go on today or tonight. I hope two coats will do it. Then I'll need a day or two for the stain to dry and then the BLO.

I hope to get to the range soon.

Mods - this should have been posted in modern platforms. I was half awake and using my cell phone to post. Please move this if you agree.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
If possible would you include a photo of the relief work you did inside the fore end to make rood for the gas cylinder and ferrule. Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have pictures to share, but I am having a problem posting them here. I will have to work on this and get back to y'all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
1 - 7 of 7 Posts