M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Browning BAR? I might have missed the first part of the convo. Are you reproducing some beautiful BARs for us? Or is this forged M14 blanks?

·
Eye Master
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M14 blanks. He is calling his company BAR for Bowen Armory Rifles.

He has had a long standing passion for the M14, and after helping several companies get started, he finally decided to step out and lead one. When GWLA went under, he bought out their tooling and forgings, redid the CAD files (OK, I offered to do that for him as a favor), and is working with a 5-axis CNC company to get the forgings machined.

Now we are all watching to see where this effort leads. If he puts out receivers, I'll bet they will be top-notch, as he has been building these rifles for a lot of years, and knows where the errors are often hidden.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
That's cool. And you're a good guy setting up the CAD for his CNc.

·
Eye Master
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, no, I'm a fool. He told me a design company wanted $10k to do it, and I was outraged. I proclaimed that there couldn't be any more than a day or two of effort to CAD that receiver from the drawings, and I'd show them. So off I went.

Three weeks later, it was finally close :).

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
LOL, no, I'm a fool. He told me a design company wanted $10k to do it, and I was outraged. I proclaimed that there couldn't be any more than a day or two of effort to CAD that receiver from the drawings, and I'd show them. So off I went.

Three weeks later, it was finally close :).
This gives truth to the old saying: "No good deed goes unpunished!"

Well done, hope it all comes off as planned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts