1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***** UPDATE ON THE SERIAL NUMBER *****

Lexi from Springfield Armory left this message on my phone today at 1610

Message is as follows:
Hey Ryan, this is Lexi from Springfield Armory. Um, there wasn't much information on your rifle other than it left here as a match rifle on April 11th, 1982. There are no details, no, it doesn't say what kind of stock, what kind of barrel, nothing, so thats the best we can do. Sorry wish we could do more, thanks bye.

My new M1A...cost me $1000

Sprg Arm

0218XX

TRW bolt 7790186

7267064 SA OP Rod

4 BRM USGI magazines

2 KTM USGI magazines

1 OM USGI magazine

and i recieved a Smith Enterprise M21 scope mount. Oddly though the mfg stamp isnt centered but is uniform and looks like a machine did it, kinda like the stamping machine was not centered up right

My rear sight is hooded and when i crank the elevation out i can read NM 595.

i had Art Luppino look at it and he told me the barrel wasnt USGI nor was the gas cylinder. same goes for the OP rod spring guide and flash hider.

Im having Lexi over at Springfield Armory look up my s/n.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Congratulations on a great score. Yours is one of the deals we all hope to fall into some day and so few manage to make it happen. If you can, how about posting a few close ups of the rifle so we have something to salivate over. Thanks for sharing, and again, congrats.GITEN

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Congratulations on a great score. Yours is one of the deals we all hope to fall into some day and so few manage to make it happen. If you can, how about posting a few close ups of the rifle so we have something to salivate over. Thanks for sharing, and again, congrats.GITEN
im setting up my camera and flash stand as we speak.

Holy cow! Great find!!
Congrats on the great deal. I think you will find that your rifle dates from 1981-82. I have a similarly serial numbered SA myself.
]
Thanks...this was a family/brother-mason deal so i was extremely fortunate that i knew the guy selling it

·
Registered
526 Posts
Congrats on the great deal. I think you will find that your rifle dates from 1981-82. I have a similarly serial numbered SA myself.
Very nice stock Oryguner! I NEED one of those tiger striped birch stocks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.