M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
It was over $2400 last I looked.

There was a factory built sei NM, same one as seen in Rifleman in 91 that sold a few months back. It had all the paper work to go with it to boot. Now that was one sweet set up. It went for 3K.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sei forged

It was over $2400 last I looked.

There was a factory built sei NM, same one as seen in Rifleman in 91 that sold a few months back. It had all the paper work to go with it to boot. Now that was one sweet set up. It went for 3K.
man i wish i wasnt broke its at $2600 with 9min left!!! you cant even get SAI m21 that cheap!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Says relisted due to backout buyer.. Bet he had a buddy jacking the price up to the point no one could get it so he could relist it for what someone told him it was worth..

I walked with it up to $2450.00 but could not justify any further..

Rick

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Says relisted due to backout buyer.. Bet he had a buddy jacking the price up to the point no one could get it so he could relist it for what someone told him it was worth..

I walked with it up to $2450.00 but could not justify any further..

Rick
well i was a little above you if i had the money i would have gone to about $2800 having recently built a full crazyhorse on a sei receiver, i personally anything under $3000 would have been a steal

....and starting bid of um..$3250. Now that's a bit different than the last auction. I smell a rat.

MM
11-04-2011 06:01 PM

i agree i smell a rat whats funny is that the buyer has been inactive since 2004 now he jumps on a rifle for $2700, i think there was some auction manipulation because the seller forgot to add a reserve i usually put a bid when someone puts a high ticket item up with no reserve, then it cant be added, i was the second to bid when it was $.01, i have been burned like this befor i bid on a sig sauer elite handgun with no reserve and a starting bid of $300 since i noticed it wasnt marketed well and it didnt say elite in the title not untill you read the ad and saw pictures you knew what it was, i slapped a $700 bid off the bat since i knew it was worth $900-$100 it was new i had no one bid against me untill the last 15min with a $650 bid, they didnt bid again and i still won it for less than $700 but i find it wierd that someone would bid so high last minute when the only bid was still at $300, i searched the only other bidder after the auction looked up his stuff for sale sure enough same city and state as the seller, maybe im paranoid but i should send GB a message and have them look into the last sei auction, i uarantee there will be no negative feedback on the winner even though 'he backed out" supposidly

·
Registered
763 Posts
That rifle belongs too Cass, he was a member here a long time ago.
I USED to own that rifle, but I sold it in September. I wasn't looking to sell it, but a board member here sent me a PM and made me an offer I finally decided to accept.

I'm surprised he is reselling it so soon, since he told me he planned to have Ron Smith build the receiver into a new rifle.

So to make sure everyone is clear......... it's not my auction.......... If there is any monkey business going on, it is not me!

Thanks,
Cass

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sei

I USED to own that rifle, but I sold it in September. I wasn't looking to sell it, but a board member here sent me a PM and made me an offer I finally decided to accept.

I'm surprised he is reselling it so soon, since he told me he planned to have Ron Smith build the receiver into a new rifle.

So to make sure everyone is clear......... it's not my auction.......... If there is any monkey business going on, it is not me!

Thanks,
Cass
I believe you Cass i hope the offer was too good to pass up, its a shame to get rid of such a nice rifle, as far as the new owner who was selling it he didnt make a good effort in hiding the fact that there was some manipilatation in the auction, i dont think a buyer will bid and the next day say never mind usally the seller relist after 30 days due to non payment by the buyer, then reports it to gunbroker so he can have the commision back, i still think he forgot to place a reserve on it and didnt like the current bids the day of auction was going to end, there was a member here that bid $2450 which was probably the highest if not for the minipulaters bid, why else would you repost a day latter with a starting bid of $3200 hmmm, still debating to report it to GB and have them look into it, i dont think it will change anything but maybe the seller being banned

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.