M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CA members...

AB 1014 passed the Senate today. It's off to the Assembly.

We also have SB 53, SB 808, SB 199, and SB 1609 to contend with.

Please consider sending an email or 100...and calling.

California NRA Members Council one-click page:

http://www.calnra.com/legs.shtml

Firearm Policy Coalition Page (Take Action section)

http://www.firearmspolicy.org/

Reactions: Bucknall20

·
Registered
309 Posts
Could you state what his means just for others who are curious
It means that your family or law enforcement have been given the authority to obtain a restraining order to take your guns away if they think you are mentally unstable. I can see this law won't be abused for revenge purposes. It creates a witch hunt atmosphere for the anti-gunners to ferret out potentially unstable gun owners who would not normally harm anyone and take their guns away.

·
Registered
309 Posts
There is a focused effort to amplify the impact of gun violence with these laws. It goes beyond guns though. Everytime there is an ass ache in California a new law is created. Gun ownership is just one of the victims. We are slowly but surely losing our freedom where it will be a crime to eventually just walk outside your house and get a breath of fresh air.

·
Registered
309 Posts
SB 199 is well on its way. My kid's err my, Gamo and Crossman are soon to be illegal. Damn pellet guns are gonna be bright colored now. "It's for the children". We live amongst sheep.
Wait until a bankrobber paints his AK47 pink or his AR15 bright orange and robs a bank with it. So much for brightly colored pellet guns. There are already pink colored AR15s and handguns you can buy.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I grew up in Calfornia and remember making wooden guns at the Boy's Club wood shop in the park across the street from where I lived. We would paint them all black and run around in the park for hours playing solder. Suspect now I would have to pint them pink and would still get in trouble for being a socially unacceptable thing to be doing.

Side note, my dad still lives in same house next to park and boys club was not socially acceptable and is now a boy's and girls's club. Whenever I visit I see that it now just some second rate after school care where buses drop of kids after school. Of course the kids have to walk from street where bus drops them off thru park past all the homeless who spend there day in the sun doing nothing. No doubt one of those homelessness responsible for breaking into my father's house a couple months ago in middle of day.

I could go on

·
Registered
94 Posts
With all that said I just again wrote my state's group of elected letdowns and will again tomorrow.

Most disheartening part of AB 1014-

"(2) In determining whether grounds for a gun violence restraining order exist, the court may consider any other evidence of an increased risk for violence, including, but not limited to, evidence of any of the following:......

(G) Evidence of recent acquisition of firearms, ammunition, or other deadly weapons."

·
Registered
309 Posts
I grew up in Calfornia and remember making wooden guns at the Boy's Club wood shop in the park across the street from where I lived. We would paint them all black and run around in the park for hours playing solder. Suspect now I would have to pint them pink and would still get in trouble for being a socially unacceptable thing to be doing.

Side note, my dad still lives in same house next to park and boys club was not socially acceptable and is now a boy's and girls's club. Whenever I visit I see that it now just some second rate after school care where buses drop of kids after school. Of course the kids have to walk from street where bus drops them off thru park past all the homeless who spend there day in the sun doing nothing. No doubt one of those homelessness responsible for breaking into my father's house a couple months ago in middle of day.

I could go on
You must be about my age, 56. I grew up in Pasadena, CA. We had a great Boys Club where we did slot cars, wood work, plastic work, games, built plastic models and made ceramic pottery. We had a great Camp, Camp Norris we went to through the proceeds of selling honey coated peanuts. It was a great time to be a kid in the 1960s looking back. My how the world has changed. I am glad I won't be around in 50 years, this country will be totally unrecognizable.

As a footnote, the Boys Club was torn down and moved to make way for a Fedco store that closed down about 15 years ago. The Boys Club was never the same after the move. It was located next to a Park. I never went to it after.

·
Registered
309 Posts
With all that said I just again wrote my state's group of elected letdowns and will again tomorrow.

Most disheartening part of AB 1014-

"(2) In determining whether grounds for a gun violence restraining order exist, the court may consider any other evidence of an increased risk for violence, including, but not limited to, evidence of any of the following:......

(G) Evidence of recent acquisition of firearms, ammunition, or other deadly weapons."
I can see where this law won't be abused and won't be used against law abiding gun owners.

·
Registered
284 Posts
As a SoCal native in my early 50's, I have no one to blame for the liberalization of California but myself and other like minded brethren.
While busting my a** to better my career and being a single dad, spare time to get involved with keeping our state government in check was just not possible. Boy do I regret that now.............
Shame on me and other like minded people. Why didn't we have our "love ins" at the state Capitol to protest the slaughter of our constitution when we use to have one.........Oh yea, I guess it's because we all worked.
DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOUR STATE. Cheers

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
CA Legislative update 30 August 2014

SB 53 is DEAD after third reading (35 -35...needed majority) at 2:30 a.m.

BTW, we flooded them with 33,000 emails in a couple of days.

View attachment 49024

View attachment 49025

AB 1014, SB 808, and SB 199 go to the governor.

The focus now is to send letters to Governor Jerry Brown asking him to veto.

·
Registered
309 Posts
SB 53 is DEAD after third reading (25 -25...needed majority) at 2:30 a.m.

BTW, we flooded them with 33,000 emails in a couple of days.

View attachment 49024

View attachment 49025

AB 1014, SB 808, and SB 199 go to the governor.

The focus now is to send letters to Governor Jerry Brown asking him to veto.
SB53 was the worst of the bunch. SB1014 is related to stopping people who are mentally ill. I am on the fence on it after thinking about it. it can be abused. SB808 requires that you get a serial number for any gun you make from scratch, aka: printing an AR15 receiver. I think there is already a law on this. SB199 is a joke. Pink orange and blue BB guns. For gods sake you can buy pink handguns and rifles now. What is to stop a bank robber from robbing a bank with an AK47 painted bright pink. The police will think it is a pellet gun. They revised SB199 not to include true BB and pellet guns. Those that are less than 6mm in diameter. It only affects 6mm and 8mm pellet guns. Still a farce though.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SB53 was the worst of the bunch. SB1014 is related to stopping people who are mentally ill. I am on the fence on it after thinking about it. it can be abused. SB808 requires that you get a serial number for any gun you make from scratch, aka: printing an AR15 receiver. I think there is already a law on this. SB199 is a joke. Pink orange and blue BB guns. For gods sake you can buy pink handguns and rifles now. What is to stop a bank robber from robbing a bank with an AK47 painted bright pink. The police will think it is a pellet gun. They revised SB199 not to include true BB and pellet guns. Those that are less than 6mm in diameter. It only affects 6mm and 8mm pellet guns. Still a farce though.
Agreed.

I'm especially concerned with AB 1014as I know human nature. I will definitely be abused. I just haven't figured out if it will be the government or average citizens doing the abuse.

All of it is bad legislation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.