M14 Forum banner

Until then.... A tribute to the troops in Iraq

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  1911_Mitch 
#1 ·
I usually don't forward these, but I thought this one was better than most and definitly worth the time to view.

If it has been posted before, my apologies.

I recommend viewing:

http://www.soldierworks.com/191/untilthen.swf

Regulator[/url]

#2 ·
That was really, really good. At first I got goose bumps, then I started to cry. My main regret in my life is that I didn't serve. My Father was a Captain in the 2nd Armored Division in WW2. Purple Heart, Bronze Star, Silver Star. Thanks to all who have served and are serving now.

#3 ·
Very Moving - Thanks for sharing.

If you don't mind me saying this... but one thing stuck in my mind as I watched the pictures roll past on the monitor:

Change the color of the uniforms.

Change the locale from desert to jungle, or forests, or hedge rows, or sand and rock-covered islands.

Change the weapons.

Change the size and shape of the "high-tech" equipment for the time.

The men and women in those pictures would still look the same.

The smiles, the tears, the stares, the loneliness, and the love and comraderie of "brothers and sisters" forged by the cruible of fire - that will never change.

These are true Americans: God Bless em all - past, present and future. We owe repect and honor to those who have stepped up to serve our country.

db

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.