M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would everyone recommend to unitize a gas cylinder? So far, Ted Brown is the only name I have. I am not looking to get it TIG welded, just screwed. I also found where Tank's rifle shop will do it. Does anybody have one of his unitized cylinders?

I was also wondering if my gas cylinder is ok. The spindle valve was really tight going in. It feels like there are two high spots when you turn the spindle valve 360 degrees. I haven't tried a different spindle valve. What could I put on the spindle valve to find the loations of these high spots? Wonder if I could steel wool those area to flatten it out. Thanks.
Dennis

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
The humps are supposed to be on the spindle valve. When turning the valve from vertical to horizontal, your supposed to push in while turning.
We have a member here how I hear does excellent work unitizing gas assemblies. Actually we have a few. I believe it is in the PX section of the board. Sorry I don't remember names or to much else that well :oops: .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know about the recessed areas for the spindle valve pin and am pushing far enough to where those areas are not giving a false sense of high point feel. I thought maybe it was where the spindle valve may have swollen out a bit when the hole was drilled for the gas passage. Ah, I'm not too worried about it. It seems I've got a good seal anyway.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hmmm... I think Jack Orr was referring to HueyGunner. So now you have three that help with that gas cylinder.

Ted Brown, Warbird (Tim) and HueyGunner (Jeff).

HueyGunner did about 3-4 of mine and all came back sealed in vacuum bags, oiled and looking brand new.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I'll give a BIG thumbs up for Jeff (Hueygunner) :) he did mine and its looks & works great, its been on my Scout for 5,,6 months since he did it and its a shootin son of a gun! Jeff does great work and the turn around time was super fast! I am pretty sure Warbird does NOT do unitizeing any longer,check out his site to confirm!! Have a good one!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.