M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I’m sure it will be a safe queen wherever it goes. So it being unissued, it should have all original SA parts right and not a mix and match?
You are correct about all correct. Just like when it left the factory. There are only so many of these left so really kinda rare. You would be the first person it would be issued to in 60+ years.....think about that!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
In 2011 I bought a Special Grade from CMP. It had all 1955 Springfield parts that appeared to be unused, including barrel. It measured .5 at the the muzzle. Since it had a CMP stock, I refinished it with Tung Oil. I paid $895 for it then and I have no idea what it would be worth today. I bought it to shoot it and it does that well.

View attachment 491090

If you want a shooter in excellent condition for $1100. Look at the Expert Grade here. https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/m1-garand/ You must be a member of a club or a member of the Garand Collectors Association to purchase. Getting the membership + the price of the gun is a great deal.
Last time CMP offered these they were available in the stores for I believe $1500. Bought an SA and HRA(w/LMR barrel) in 2012 for I think $950.....

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
My old man has an unissued (1946 or 1947, can’t remember) Springfield with all the original sales paperwork from the depot in the early 1960’s, all original sealed accessories. and the dessicant tube still in the barrel. I’m sure he’d part with it for the right price. 🙄
If the rifle is from that time frame, it is likely a rebuilt rifle from a depot or SA. SA was doing rebuilds in your time frame. The last SA built rifles were from 1945. Your Dads rifle sounds like a DCM purchase from the 60's....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts