M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was making a joke about the "z" apocalypse in a thread yesterday and I noticed the word got edited out. I did some searching and found the "z" word debate so can understand the sensitivity in the use and context of such terminology, but I had a question.

Is there an appropriate way to delineate the context of our comment in a thread as a reference to the fictional and mythical walking undead as in relation to the same family as vampires, ghouls, mummies, or animated skeletons?

Posting a paragraph disclaimer at the end of my post kind of kills the joke GI9

*EDIT* I can see the filter is automatically doing it so I guess not. Thank you

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
I was making a joke about the "z" apocalypse in a thread yesterday and I noticed the word got edited out. I did some searching and found the "z" word debate so can understand the sensitivity in the use and context of such terminology, but I had a question.

Is there an appropriate way to delineate the context of our comment in a thread as a reference to the fictional and mythical walking undead as in relation to the same family as vampires, ghouls, mummies, or animated skeletons?

Posting a paragraph disclaimer at the end of my post kind of kills the joke GI9

*EDIT* I can see the filter is automatically doing it so I guess not. Thank you
It's a Closely-Guarded Secret...But There Really is No Filter!
It's Just That The Moderators Here Are Really, Really QUICK!!!

GI8GITENGI6

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
165 Posts
ref "Z" word

leadbug, apparently at some time past a person or persons were using the word in context of possibly having to shoot LEO's and or military personnel in a SHTF scenario.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I wondered if somehow it was a reference to my ex, The Living Dead, or "She Who Shall Not Be Named"

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
By the way ZamB Land 2 is coming out.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Let me get this straight . . Because ONE person a long time ago used the "Z" word in reference to LEO's and Military . . it's banned??

Why didn't the mods ban HIM instead of the word? Or was both he AND the word banned??

Hypothetical situation . . . I use the word "Apple" in a similar context, the word "Apple" gets banned??

give me a frikkin' break

Not complainin' . . . just scratchin' my head here . . :-/

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm.......Zam B Land Dos? Sounds tasty! Much like

BRAINZ!!!!!!!

dance2 dance2 BANANA1 BANANA1

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Rule #1: Cardio.....FRG1FRG1FRG1

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
pear pear pear pear . . .

yep . . @pple got banned . .

;-P

dance2dance2dance2

·
Registered
2,591 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
UnDead Zombie. Zom-be

Just playing ...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
zom-B land 2 is really coming out ? I can't wait !! The first one is awesome - love Bill Murray.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Only here can you find a discussion on the merits of the proper use of the 'z' word...I love this forum. LMAO while waiting for the walking deceased to crash the coffee shop.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts