Yes please

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
A 12" barrel... it could probably double as a flame throwerGI8

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Actually, I'm thinking that might make the perfect 'truck' gun.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Actually, I have, it was not an overall good experience.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
It's cute, and I don't know whether I like a cute M14 or not?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Though I appreciate the effort, I don't see it going too far. Pet projects are always cool for the R&D guys.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
That aint no M14DISHOUT Thats a rifle built around a M14 rec.and trigger group. JCG is turning over in his grave.GI4

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I like it, but you can't put a bayonet on it and I don't think the stock would hold up very well if you had to butt stroke someone.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I love how they think... forward that is... I do like those Troy products. Most of that stuff is outlawed here in the communist state of Chicago. But I like it even though I'm not a fan of short barrels, per se.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
A GPS installed on the rifle butt???? What next??? I never was a fan of any .308 having a barrel shorter than 18". You give up way too much. dozier

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Now, there's a solution in search of a problem. How do I time the muzzle flash with the shutter on my camera? I'm assuming that's what this thing is for.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I like it. Its clearly designed to be shot with the suppressor on- the 12.5" barrel was the length needed to get the can to fit back up to the handguard. Its a handy length, wouldn't have a flash if they can was on, although I have to wonder if it is hearing safe when suppressed. The suppressor also needs to be built like a tank to handle the blast from such a short barrel- which means its probably heavy as heck. No way a light titanium can could take that kind of heat. Has the potential to be lots o' fun regardless DI5

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have to agree with crang, I think it's cool! Looks like a handy light blaster in a big boy caliber.

I personally would like more info on the gas system and how they modified it.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
That thing is the S$%^!!! I love the length and weight. Think about it, when are you realistically going to need to use the 14s awesome accuracy at the range it is capable of? I don't forsee any Red Dawn scenarios in real life happening here in the US. I think it was a Japanese officer that said invasion of the US is out of the question because there is a rifle behind every blade of grass. What is more likely is self defense of family and property at close range from indigenous tribes, IMHO. For that I really like rock solid dependability coupled with the stopping power of the 14. I know I am gonna probably gonna get flamed for this,DISHOUT but after lots of experience with the AR and AK, I have to say that I would grab the shorty AK for most situations in an urban environment because of the hitting power and solid dependability. I have never had a ft feed or fire in thousands of rounds with it. Accuracy is the one drawback with this rifle. The best of all worlds, again IMHO. would be a platform like the Troy m14. Lightweight, easily accessorized, extremely accurate and dependable, and a man stopper. I think even as short as it is it could be depended on out to probably 500 m or more, while still being easily carried and employed in a vehicle. I hope no one takes this as a comparison of the ak to the M14, it is not, possibly only to say that the 14 is far superior, if compared apples to apples. I welcome modernization and improvement of our beloved rifle. Semper Fi, carry on.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Are there any still photos anywhere a guy with no Youtube access could view?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Here are some stills from the video on YouTube - didn't know exactly what you wanted to see.......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts