M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone could tell me if this is original GI or is it one of the imports being offered on the market. I am not doubting quality, just not familiar with the inscriptions. Noted that it does not appear to be brazed or have the off color as the original ones do. All feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Certainly not the expert, but need picture? USGI is very cleanly brazed at foot, not always will have yellow eagle stamp at front of frame, and usually grey color/worn out Parkerizing. I have an original, bought mine in the early 1980’s, from an old timer. Scored one for a friend of mine years ago...looks just like mine. Heard a bunch came back from Israel, not sure what year? But, all the USGI ones look WELL MADE, and no weld beads.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
It was made in Taiwan or mainland China. If the locking bolt for the jaws accepts a hex head wrench, it was made in mainland China. If not, it was made in Taiwan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.