M14 Forum banner

U.S.M.C. M40A1 Parts….. Prices Going Up On These Too

3594 Views 35 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  TB
I’m not sure what the value is on a complete rifle like mine, but parts sure seem to get big $$$. Almost makes a guy want to part it out. Mine is a 6 digit (321,xxx) that was put together by GAP ten or so years ago, using my accumulated parts. I think it’s a real beauty. I’ll try to post some pics if anyone is interested is seeing them.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Shotgun
Automotive tire Camera accessory Material property Bumper Gas
Air gun Trigger Office supplies Gun barrel Wood
Bicycle part Trigger Air gun Shotgun Rim
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Publication
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
2,636 Posts
I’ve never fired it. Been sitting in the safe since built. That’s why I might just “un-build” it.
Don't unbuild that fine rifle. If you don't want it sell it whole for someone else to enjoy.

· Registered
929 Posts
One thing I like about the modern day sniper rifles is the detachable magazine. Never did like internal magazines. It makes reloads take too long. I wonder why they gave the M-40 an internal magazine?

Reactions: RealReglarGuy

· Registered
929 Posts
There are so many sniper rifles with detachable magazines I am thinking about. A few are the Barrett Mark 22 Advanced Sniper Rifle, the M-40A6 and the Knight's Armament M-110.

· Registered
2,972 Posts
One thing I like about the modern day sniper rifles is the detachable magazine. Never did like internal magazines. It makes reloads take too long. I wonder why they gave the M-40 an internal magazine?
Hello, Well, Only my opinion, is.
A good shooter shouldn't need more than one round to get the job done. The other four rounds, are for the "just in case" or secondaries... but, I could be wrong.

· Registered
929 Posts
BoltAction, multiple hostiles are a possible reason for quick reloads with detachable magazines. No modern day sniper rifles the United States are purchasing have internal magazines anymore to my knowledge. But the original poster does not want to discuss this any further so I will leave.

Goodbye all.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.