M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
155 Posts
how about one that has been refinished or nearly in need of refinishing?

i dont need a nice minty part, i need one that will see some use.

my priorities are thus:

usgi with bayo lug
commercial with lug

ive got a lug-less part but its just not the same...

david

·
Registered
371 Posts
i got 2 NIT $100 plus shipping

RED DOT

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.I actualy ordered a gas cylinder from ORION7 today it was $89.00 bucks.Seemed like a fair price for it being new in wrapper.Thanks Ray

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
The threads are metric on the gas plug and gas lock. I'm sure someone here has swapped the gas assembly. I was thinking of doing the same to my Polytech in the future. I'm glad you brought this up. DON'T try to put an American gas plug on a Taiwan gas cylinder. I guess, and this is just a guess, the barrel could be re-threaded for a USGI gas lock or just use the old gas lock. I hope someone who already did this will give us their results. My Polytech gas assembly works well still but looks bad. Big air voids all on the outside finish.

·
Registered
434 Posts
ltdave said:
how about one that has been refinished or nearly in need of refinishing?

i dont need a nice minty part, i need one that will see some use.

my priorities are thus:

usgi with bayo lug
commercial with lug

ive got a lug-less part but its just not the same...

david
On the M14, the bayo lug is on the flash suppressor, below the front sight. If you wish to "fix bayonets", that's the part you'll have to change out. I believe the same thread caveat applies to the castle nut as the gas lock on the Polys, but someone who actually owns one would probably know for sure.

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
Yes the threads are metric but very close to SAE size for F.S.. I found out the wrong way? I took the fake F.S. of my poly some ten years ago and put on a USGI one. After a few turns of the castle nut I noticed metal shavings. The castle nut started cuting new threads on the softer barrel. Just pick up a thread cutter before you install a USGI F.S. on your Poly Tech.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yuetk,
I recently built my Norinco and put a GI gas system on it,in order for a GI gas cylinder to work on a chinese barrel,you need the a GI cylinder,plug and piston,the only part that wouldnt be GI would be the lock because of the metric threads,but it works fine my rifle runs like a Swiss watch now.
Good Luck,
Nate

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.